9 thoughts on “How to make twenty-three Grade 3 students burst into applause…

1. Kathie says:

They are wonderful books!!! Love to you Allie! xoxo

2. Allie says:

There is a beautiful sequel to this as well…The Quilt Maker’s Journey. We own both. So worth the investment!

3. Welcome cloudscome! Nice to “meet” you.

4. cloudscome says:

Oh I love it too! I blogged about it just last week in a post on Quilting books.This is my first visit to your blog and I love it!

5. Jeannine – get it at the library or buy it if you can. It is one of those books that you would like to own.It is wonderful!Susanne – it’s called The Quiltmaker’s Journey. I have it too although I haven’t read it yet. I received a $1500.00 grant so we have quite a few new books – it was really fun going to Indigo with a $1000 cheque and I still have $500 left to spend!!Sue – I think that the reading level of this book is 9-12 but the interest level is designated 4-8.I’m sure your grandson would enjoy it. I think this is one of those books that appeals to all age levels. It also adresses materialistic attitudes in a powerful way. It is a wonderful readaloud and there are so many quilt activities that extend the text.Adrienne – I agree – The illustrations are phenomenal.

6. adrienne says:

I adore that book too! Everything about it is beautiful…

Love, Love, Love this book!!!!! I’ve rented it a bizillion times from the library. The story is beautiful & the illustrations are lush and colorful. Did you know theirs a second one to it? Can’t remember the name off the top of my head though.

8. Sue says:

I just got a great online coupon from Borders Bookstore today. This looks great for seven yr old grandson! He’s reading at third and fourth grade levels right now. Thanks for the suggestion.

9. Jeannine says:

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll have to check it out. 🙂