13 thoughts on “wild lupin season

1. Dianne says:

I’ve never been a fan of lupines but then I’ve never seen them growing wild in a meadow like this. That is absolutely beautiful. Perhaps that is how they were meant to be grown, eh? Makes me think of our lives, when we’re where God wants us to be . .

2. Gasp! I have never seen these in the wild. How absolutely beautiful!And deb has deer! I am speechless…

3. Jeannine says:

It made me think of the Miss Rumphius book too. I just read it out loud to my younger children last week.

Absolutely beautiful!

5. violet says:

Simply gorgeous! Just love the multi-colors. Our lupins are so finished. (And there’s nothing as sad-looking as a field of lupins after their prime).

6. Sue says:

What glorious colors! Your island’s ever changing beauty is so wonderful to witness…Thank you so much for sharing it with the rest of us!

7. Rachel says:

You must be enjoying this!…it is so beautiful there!

8. Lyn says:

Bee-you-tee-ful!What a wonderful sight to see.

9. Elizabeth says:

What stupendous colors!!! Thanks for sharing!!

10. Julana says:

I’m thinking people living in PEI are going to feel right at home in heaven.

11. Jodi says:

These pictures remind me of that children’s book, Miss Rumphius. My kids and I enjoy it so much, and I’ve been tempted to scatter lupine seeds since I’ve read it.

12. deb says:

The lupine are beautiful! I actually planted one two years ago, and I’ve never seen a bloom yet. It’s good to see these pictures to find out what might happen this year–Lord willing and the deer don’t nibble my plant. 🙂