Not sailing…

Rehearsal dinner madness festivities.

menu2Yes there was enough food! although when I overheard my sweet, soon-to-be-married, son inviting all of his buddies to “drop” in for the supper, I had a flash of insight into the Cana wedding feast dilemma and a new flood of affection for Mary and her understanding. We didn’t need to fill the punch bowl with water, but there was a momentary panic over the dwindling cranberry sauce.

*grin*

Phew…as mother of the groom my major responsibility is over. I had so much help – best of friends and family cleaning, baking, decorating, serving and keeping me sane!

Now I just have to help my almost 16 yr old daughter get dressed in all her bridesmaid finery…which includes praying for no facial blemishes that appear overnight. 🙂

get my sons and husband into their tuxes and looking good,

and hope my hair behaves!

Forecast for tomorrow – sunny – 19 degrees C – light breeze.

The pictures can be taken outside!

Categories: Home

15 thoughts on “Guess what I was doing last night?

1. Oooooohhhh–the Big Weekend has arrived, huh? Can’t wait to see your pics! Praying for a blessed weekend for your whole family–

2. I just read your 106 things, it was wonderful. I’m also a pastor’s wife, and will pray for revival on PEI. I love reading books too, I can spend all day in the library. I’m going to check out your favorites, and see what you have. Have a blessed day! Sending cyber hugs your way….I am also praying that you are rested and recovered from your eventful weekend.

3. beth says:

oh Joyous Congratulations to you and your family!The menu smells absolutely delectable.Looking forward to seeing those pics~

4. Jeannine says:

I hope all went well, and I’m looking forward to seeing the photos. 🙂

5. Dawn says:

Can’t wait to see photos of the event…..I know how tired you are…Believe me, I know…Doooooooog tired…:o)

6. ladysown says:

oh..i hope you had fun! Enjoy it!

7. I just discovered this site, its great!! I pray that your day went well, I’m glad that the rains from Ernesto didn’t reach you. God’s blessings!

8. I hope the day is beautiful and is the beginning of a wonderful lifetime…Let us know how it goes!

9. Julana says:

Best wishes to the bride and groom. . .

10. Can’t wait to see the pictures. What a joyous time!

11. Debi D says:

How wonderful….all the salads! Enjoy tomorrow’s festivities…I’ll be thinking of you!

12. Sue says:

Your menu sounds varied and perfect! Something for everyone!Your son and his bride are in my prayers. Savor every moment of this so special milestone. Can’t wait to see the pictures!!((hugs))

I’m so excited for you and your family! What a celebration! Your menu sounds wonderful and made me hungry!

14. Kate says:

Oh how wonderful! Have an absolutely treasured time. And do please post pictures!

15. ladysown says:

oh..i hope you had fun! Enjoy it!