jk_weddingMy handsome husband conducted the service

roger_jkwed

J_K_wedding

boys_jkwed

Handsome brothers minus one. Andrew, our oldest was stuck in England. His passport is in UK Visa Application Limbo. We missed you sweetheart!!!

Sarah – my beautiful daughter in the center, two of Rinda’s lovely girls and my sweet little niece.

Sarah_jkwed

And, because Tonia and Donna and Sue have all been brave enough to post pictures…even though I don’t like to do this…here you go.

wedding

My new daughter-in-law, my sweet son, me, my sister and my brother in the background.

walking
Happiness

28 thoughts on “Wedding Day…

1. Pingback: Sweet September |
  2. oh dear Julana – do you have to remind me of that get real day??*grin*

3. Overwhelmed! says:

I’m stopping by to thank you for your comment on my blog. These wedding pictures are fantastic! I love them all. What a beautiful family you have!You commented on my Ireland pictures that make up my blog design. Well, unfortunately we don’t live in breathtaking Ireland, don’t I wish, we live in the States. We did get married there though and these pictures were taken by my husband while we were in Ireland for our wedding and honeymoon. You can read more about that and see some of our Irish wedding pictures by going to my <a href="http://overwhelmedwithjoy.blogspot.com/2006/05/happy-3-year-anniversary-to-us.html">May 17th</a> post.Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope to see you again. And please, freel free to participate in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange next week. I’d love to see some of your cooking favorites!

4. Thank you everyone for all your kind words and blessings!! The happy coupld are honey-mooning in Paris (a $60 a night hotel – I hope it’s clean…) and other than delayed luggage in Germany for a couple of days (they toured Paris in pajama pants) they are having a wonderful time! And I am still tired but recovering…

5. beth says:

What a lovely wedding, and pictures! I especially love the one of your son and his lovely bride walking down the road, so indicative of this time in their lives together, starting out. Thanks for sharing them, including the one of you. It’s nice to be able to *see* you now. 😉 Your family is so beautiful, and your new daughter in law is blessed to become a part, I’m sure! Congratulations!!blessings~

6. Oh my–I was struck with how gorgeous your daughter is…and then scrolled down to discover that YOU look just like her! (Or vice versa–you know.) What beautiful photos. The church reminds me of the Baptist church we were married in, with that fabulous old pipe organ and stained glass–how lovely!

7. Gasp! It’s all so beautiful! How wonderful!

8. V. Schroeder says:

Gorgeous, congratulations to your family!

9. thank you so much for sharing your pictures. Celebrations, joys, sorrows, birth, death, marriage….it all is part of God’s purposes on this earth. I am thankful to have a bit of a taste of you and your family’s wonderful day. Wonderful pictures.

10. Kate says:

Awww, wow, what a gorgeous family you have! You can see so so so much love in all of these pictures. And you are just as beautiful as ever! Thank you sooo much for sharing these fabulous pictures. What a beautiful couple. May God watch over and bless their life together. And here’s a hug for you! Cheer up (I don’t like those post let downs – uck!)

11. Islandsparrow says:

Thanks Jeannine!! As for good genes – I’ll admit that my hair has a little "help" but his dark hair is entirely natural!! :)Thanks for the hug ampraisingHim. I do have a book – Strangers and Sojourners by Michael D. O’Brien. I read it a long time ago and am looking forward to reading it again.

12. Jeannine says:

Thank you so much for posting the pictures! What a beautiful couple! What a beautiful family! I’m so glad it went well. I would have checked earlier but we had company here from far away and I was a good girl and stayed away from the computer for the entire time (a first for me–I usually sneak off and at least check my email). I agree too that it’s so nice to see your face, and you’re beautiful too and you and your husband look so very young–you must have very good genes. 🙂

13. You are all making me blush… thank you so much for all the lovely comments!! It does this lonesome mom’s heart good. I think I am suffering post wedding letdown…thanks.

14. Debi D says:

Thanks for sharing these photos….I’ve been checking everyday 🙂 How neat to see all the people you talk about on your blog…..and you!! You are so pretty, as is your daughter.

15. Thank you so much for sharing your day with the blogging world. Though, I don’t know you, I do want to pass on my best wishes and God’s blessings for the happy couple. The day was perfect. BEAUIFUL, flowers, church….and a beautiful couple, and a gorgeous picture of you.! God bless.

Beautiful couple, beautiful church, beautiful wedding! And beautiful mom of the groom! Thanks for sharing the day with us!

17. tonia says:

Oh. my. goodness.beautiful, beautiful, beautiful…And *you*! You look just as you should…gorgeous inside and out.

18. Lyn says:

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful day! The happy couple looks so sweet!Thanks for sharing. It did my heart good seeing som many smiles.

19. Thank you Kim – yes we definitely felt incomplete without Andrew. But he is seeing John and Kathleen in England for a day – they are honeymooning in Paris.Dianne – everyone says that about my sister and me. Thank you Dawn, Sue and Eija! I avoid posting pictures becuase I don’t take good ones very often – I freeze up around cameras. I know what you mean though, about matching a face with a blogger – it is nice to be able to do that.So I obliged 🙂

20. eija says:

Wow… Seems it was a great wedding. And the newlyweds make a truly beautiful couple! The bride’s bouquet is awesome, I just love it!!!Oh, and you – yes, it’s great to have a face for you. And you have no reason to avoid posting your own photos! I can see where your sons received their good looks 😉

21. Sue says:

I loved seeing these photos. It looks like it was just the perfect day! Your daughter in law has just the sweetest smile! They make such a cute couple..Thank you for posting a picture of yourself. It is so nice to put a face with your blogging personality. It’s a lovely photo of you…(and thanks for the link, too)((hugs))

22. Dawn says:

Oh, so beautiful!!! So glad to see the photos of the big event.You look maaah-velous, daaaah-ling!!! :o)

23. Dianne says:

Sweet! I love wedding pictures. You and your sister definitely look alike. Thanks for sharing 🙂

24. Oh! What a beautiful wedding! And a beautiful bride. And three gorgeous sons (so sad your eldest couldn’t be there) and you are gorgeous yourself! Such a happy, happy day!Congrats to all!

25. Julana says:

Much changed from high school.

26. Julana says:

Congratulations! You look beautiful.

27. Do you have a good book that you’ve been saving? 🙂

28. Awww…post wedding letdown…how about some cyber hugs…I’ll pray for you tonight!