I have a confession to make.

I think I’m addicted…

To book lists .

I love them – whenever I find a list of someone’s favourite books I open up my library homepage in a new tab and start requesting titles. I am especially delighted when I find a book that I love on a list – then I know we share similar tastes.

I have 25 books requested at my library…

Apparently that’s the limit – no exceptions – they are not interested in the fact that I recently discovered this book.

honey_for_womans_heart

Oh. my. word!

Lists and lists and lists…

from the writer of Honey For A Child’s Heart – a book that I literally wore out.

Zondervan writes:

Gladys Hunt, long-time advocate of reading and author of the cherished Honey for a Child’s Heart, has written this new book for busy women who want a wider worldview and stimulus for intellectual and emotional growth. Honey for a Woman’s Heart explores: * The wonder of words, language, and reading * What good books offer thoughtful readers * What makes a good book * The value of reading fiction * Best books in genres of fiction, nonfiction, spirituality, and poetry * How to enjoy the best of books: the Bible * The pleasure of sharing books with others * Something for everyone, no matter what age or reading experience * Recommendations for over 500 books to enjoy

A delight!

7 thoughts on “ummm. . .

1. Lisa Johnson says:

I also love book lists and in particular this book. It was full of rich books I had never heard of.Some great reading for me, thanks to Gladys Hunt, was:Kristin Lavransdatter (trilogy) by Sigrid UndsetMy Name is Asher Lev by Chaim PotokThe Poisonwood Bible by KingsolverOne book that should be on every Top 10 list for Christian women that I didn’t see in the book and only recently discovered is Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss.Happy reading!!! 🙂

2. Mary Kathryn says:

This is been one of my favorite book of books for a long while! I enjoy the children’s edition almost very much also.:0)

3. Valerie says:

I do this too! I reserve them, I order them, I find more lists online. Isn’t it fun to discover a new author that you love? And sometimes ‘word of mouth’ is the best way to find them.

4. violet says:

Oh my, this looks like the book for you! (I remember the Honey book she wrote for kids – did I own it once? Not sure, but if I did, I don’t any more.)

5. cassie-b says:

The lovely ladies at our local library are so good at getting me the books I want to read. I prefer not to buy novels, because who has time to read them twice, so the library is the place for me.Cas

6. Miz Booshay says:

Ohhhhh……That looks like a treasure!!!

7. Valerie says: