Randi is celebrating National Apron Day and I’m joining in!

I have always worn aprons primarily because I’m a messy enthusiastic cook!

aprons
Here is my selection – as you can tell – they are functional rather than particularly feminine.  I remember my mom had what she called full “work aprons” and then when she had company over she would switch to a frilly half apron.

apron patterns
I like the tiny herb pattern on the first apron in the line-up  – it also has a pocket which is handy when you are trying to hang onto clothes pins.

One of my favourite aprons was a real chef’s apron – long and white, it covered me completely and kept my clothes clean. But I think one of my chef inclined sons nicked borrowed it.

Oh well…as long as he keeps doing the Christmas Eve dinner I guess I can live without it!

Pop over to Randi’s and join the fun!

15 thoughts on “Apron Line-up

1. I have the fondest memories tied up in apron strings and inside of their pockets. Thank you for bringing up those memories for me today.

Oh how sweet. Look at all those great aprons. I might have to play this one.

3. Jill says:

What a nice line up! And the herb pattern certainly is pretty. I feel the same way as you do about the Christmas dinner–my husband can have anything in the kitchen, as long as it means he’ll keep cooking that turkey every year! And absolutely, you could make those potholders! They are so easy.XO

Love the pic of a clothes line full of aprons. I like the herb and the cow one is too cute!

5. Thimbleanna says:

What a great collection of aprons! And they look so cute all lined up, ready to work.

6. Kelli says:

Your aprons are wonderful, they look so pretty blowing in the wind!Kelli

7. niki says:

Love the aprons! Come by and check out my newest contest! lol. It’s my very first and I have no one entering. lmbo. 😦

8. Randi says:

I love the picture of all the aprons on the line!My daughter has taken over my kitchen, but not my apron. She knows that my clothes would suffer if I couldn’t wear it!

9. Pieces says:

Oooh, they are all pretty. I love having choices.

10. Jodi says:

What a great picture with the aprons blowing in the wind! I love them! :o)

11. Lovella says:

Oh Shoot, I missed the cue on the apron post. I have some wonderful aprons as well. Don’t you just love how every apron just oozes with memories.My mom would have never worked in her kitchen without an apron. I tend to dress in the color of my sauce. I’ve learned the hard way. Just recently I have wised up and started to wear aprons again.great post.

12. Deb says:

How very neat and creative! Love the cow one! 🙂

13. Susie says:

I love how you’ve displayed your aprons. Didn’t have a chance to join in this one today, but I always wear an apron.:)

14. Julana says:

My grandmother always wore a full apron to cook. My mother wore them when I was younger, but they disappeared, over time.

15. Dawn says:

I love your little clothesline full of aprons…