Gull-ARTArtwork by PEI artist – Anne Gallant” … Aren’t those gulls splendid? Would you like to be a gull? I think I would—that is, if I couldn’t be a human girl. Don’t you think it would be nice to wake up at sunrise and swoop down over the water and away out over that lovely blue all day; and then at night to fly back to one’s nest? Oh, I can just imagine myself doing it …” Chapter V Anne of Green Gables

seagull

11 thoughts on “Imagine . . .

1. Heh, heh. "I wouldn’t really want to be a bird – not for keeps anyway…I’m glad I’m me too," says the sparrow. 😉 I had to laugh.

2. Islandsparrow says:

Missm – I don’t think I’d like to be a gull either – especially the ones that follow the ferries – they are always fighting for scraps and garbage.But the ones down at the shore – away from humans – are much more serene – soaring and dipping over the waves – and bobbing on the swells.Eagles are majestic though – I love to watch them soar.Truth to tell I wouldn’t really want to be a bird – not for keeps anyway – although it would be nice to fly for a day or two!! Anne sings this song in the Anne of Green Gables musical – "Gee I’m glad I’m no one else but me" I’m glad I’m me too.

3. Those eyes. It looks so wise!

4. The photo is gorgeous but I have to disagree with Anne: I would not like to be a gull. I have bad memories of masses of them flapping and screeching overhead before stealing my lunch out of my hands at Balmoral beach. I still shudder! I think I’d rather be an eagle.

5. Lana G! says:

One Word – STUNNING!

6. Lyn says:

That is the prettiest white I have seen in a long time. White. Pure white…..beautiful!

Lovely painting and photo. I can’t believe she was able to snap a shot like that! Being inland we don’t get the sea gulls, but we do have their cousins the land gulls. They swoop here too. But more at your head as they want your picnic lunch! :vD

8. Lovella says:

Such a beautiful Sea Gull Photo. I was instantly transported over the the Green Gables set when I read the quote. HMm, It appears we are to have rain on the weekend, I could just curl up and watch a whole afternoon of Anne.We have a lot of sea gulls here on the other side of the country. I do love their call.

9. Susie says:

The clarity of that photo is amazing. (but then all her photos are!!):)

Wow! You and Rinda are in my post today. Transport on over to the state of Washington and have a look. It would be a long flight even for a seagull!