Pamure Island

A long stretch of solitary beach  –

perfect for walking with friends

Test the water temperature

Ouch! definitely cold.

Pamure Island Lighthouse.

It’s always hard to turn around and head back

but sea air works up an appetite

and I had heard that

one of my favourite little restaurants just opened up for the season.

In case you’re wondering about the green leaves – yes this picture is from my file.

I’m afraid I forgot all about taking pictures.

Like Pooh, I had provisions in mind.

Seafood chowder and pecan pie to be precise.

oh my …

oh.

my.

Words fail me …

Next time?

You come with me.

It has to be tasted to be believed.

13 thoughts on “exploring

1. Michelle says:

I so wish to be there in P.E.I. One of these days.THe pictures are beautifully taken as well.

2. cassie-b says:

What a lovely day. And the music that comes up with your blog worked so well into the pictures.Thanks.Now I have to go see the Atlantic Ocean with Don.

3. Deb says:

i love lighthouses, and that one is beautiful!

4. kelli says:

I’ll be there soon!!! Let’s walk that beach!Where’s Brehaut’s? We’ll probably try it if we’re near it!

5. Home Again says:

I’m coming. I just finished my weekly hike up the mountain. It’s so much better shared with a friend…No camera’s this time…just visit and work out. I love the ocean.

6. Lovella says:

Who wouldn’t love to come visit? I surely would . . .and who knows one day. . you may see a familarface on that gorgeous beach. .

7. carolyn says:

Hi Kathie, A lovely tour again! I have been to that restaurant a few times too and enjoy the food too.we will have to put it on our daytrip plans.Pamure Island is lovely.Take care,Carolyn

8. Linda says:

One of these days I would love to come. I fell in love with your little piece of the world when I read the Anne books and have longed to visit. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful walk.

9. Jill says:

Such a wonderful expedition! I’d love to come along next time, Kathie. XO

I would love to go with you. Beach, sun, food. I want it all! ;v)

11. Sara says:

It was a lovely stroll…thank you. Oh yes! Clam chowder and pecan pie!

Oh now! That would be the bomb….to be on the Island and have a bite at this lovely spot with you! :0)

13. Home Again says: