It’s Mosaic Monday

and

I decided to create a mosaic of my kayaking expedition yesterday.

It was a simply beautiful day;

warm sun, cloudless sky and a salty tang in the air.

I headed out with my beach buddy and her sweet daughter.

click to enlargeWe launched our kayaks in a shallow bay that curves along the edge of a little island just off the shore.

The tide goes out quite far there, leaving tide pools to warm in the sun.

As the tide rises, it carries the warm water into the shore.

Wondering about the water temperature up here in the far north?

20 degrees C (70 F)

Not bad for the end of May!

First swim of 2009 – May 31st.

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

For more lovely mosaics, head over to Mary’s at Little Red House

Enjoy!

25 thoughts on “salty air and sea breezes

1. Jane says:

Your day of Kayaking looks so lovely. Such beautiful pictures. Jane x

2. Judy says:

What fun! Can it get better than that? Beautiful photos…all of them.

3. tonia says:

girl, your photography is getting so GOOD!!lovely! btw, i’m on day #1354 of avoiding swimming. yahoo!(i did go out in the canoe last weekend…just for love.)

4. BevK says:

What a fabulous way to spend a beautiful "almost June" day. I envy you the kayaking. There’s no reason I couldn’t kayak as well – I’m just lacking the kayak and more importantly – the motivation! And of course, it would be on a lake not the Atlantic. Thank you for sharing your day.

5. Arleen says:

What a beautiful mosaic. I love all the blue water. So cool and soothing. Thank you and Happy MM! ~Arleen

6. skoots1mom says:

i’d like 2 b there!!thx 4 sharing!

7. Linda says:

What a beautiful mosaic – and day! I think you are wonderfully adventurous.

8. Becky says:

Gorgeous…mosiac and congrats on braving that cold water???

9. Cathy says:

This is such a wonderful mosaic and post!!! I love all of your blues!!!Have a great MM!!!XOXOCathy

10. carolyn says:

Love the mosaic-such lovely blues! Yesterday was a beautiful day wasn’t-today not so much.Carolyn

11. Faith says:

GORGEOUS! Your water "up there" is warmer than we were are at our beach house on cape cod in August!! We’ve done one good hike thus far in May and haven’t yet had the chance to get the kayaks in the water…we are hoping to do that for a bit on Sunday after church in a little lake near us…..

I always enjoy your kayaking shots. Look at you jumping in that water for a swim!! I just finished #4 of the Anne series and I’m starting #5…Happy June to you!

13. So beautiful… calm water, intense blues, and kayaks! A perfect summer day. Lovey!Cass

14. mary says:

Oh what a great idea for a mosaic! Your photos are so beautiful, and I love that they tell a story of a fun day on the water. Thanks so much for joining the fun at Mosaic Monday. 🙂

15. randi says:

Very pretty mosaic! If I wasn’t afraid of water, kayaking would look like fun! 🙂

16. Brilliant blues…nice mosaic. Thanks for visiting my mosaic today :o). I love to be on the water, all alone in a kayak. Some day, we shall buy our own…

17. Oh, this reminds me of picnicking years ago at the home of a friend’s grandmother, who lived near Newport, RI. I was amazed when this spry lady in her 80’s kicked off her shoes and dove into the water for a swim after lunch. To my Midwestern senses, the water was much too cold for a dip. Thanks for bringing back a lovely memory.

18. Lana G! says:

Wonderful mosaic Kathy! What beautiful weather you were blessed with!

19. Cedar says:

Definitely warmer where you are than here in the Adirondacks! Your day kayaking looks like it was great fun!

20. Jill says:

Lovely mosaic! It looks like a fine kick-off to summer!

21. Lita says:

What fun! I can’t believe your water is that warm. Here in Santa Cruz……on the California coast, where you’d think ocean swimming might be fun……the water is always cold, cold, cold. The big high for the month of May was 55.4F…….yikes!!

22. Kathy says:

Your Kayaking mosaic looks like a lot of fun and such a beautiful clear day, happy Monday, Kathy.

23. ~Really Rainey~ says:

Now that looks like you all had fun!I’m in such a summa-time mood!<i><b>~Really Rainey~</i></b>

24. Linda says:

What a beautiful mosaic – and day! I think you are wonderfully adventurous.