Hello from Canada’s youngest province – Newfoundland.
We’re here for our nephew’s wedding, which takes place this afternoon.
I just figured out that I am a day late for Friday’s fave 🙂
I’m having so much fun that I lost track of the days!
Let’s see – favourites?
So many this week, it’s hard to narrow them down to five.
1. But first on the list is a wonderful family get-together. Almost all of my beloved’s family made it here and my new niece’s family are terrific hosts! This wedding is a four day party with lots of laughter, good food, and Newfoundland hospitality!
2. An overnight ferry ride from Cape Breton to Port Au Basque, Newfoundland.
Sarah in the cozy cabin.
The tiny, shipshape bathroom.
I haven’t read many Enid Blyton books but this cabin reminded me of one story that left an impression – The Pole Star Family. Three children on a cruise ship who had cozy bunks in a tiny cabin.
3. The ferry pulled into the harbour early in the morning and I had my first view of Newfoundland.
Port Au Basque
Now I know why Newfoundland is called “The Rock”
On the road to Cornerbrook.
Miles and miles of beautiful mountains and lakes – so different from the gentle rolling hills of Prince Edward Island.
4. River- rafting ~ 29 wedding guests signed up for the adventure.
The kayakers came along with us.
Here they are – getting pointers from our expert guide. The kayaks were different from the one that I use – shorter and less stable.
Watching the kayakers added an exciting dimension to the trip. We were an appreciative audience – cheers and hoots and clapping whenever the kayakers made it through the rapids.
All, except one, tipped. That water was cold! But the kayakers had wetsuits as well as helmets. You could hear the collective sigh of relief when heads emerged from the water.
Our SIL documented the trip from various points along the bank.
The majestic Humber River Valley
So much fun!!
5. Another adventure? – hiking to the Marble Mountain waterfalls.
The path up through the woods
At the top!
A beautiful view – valley and girl 🙂
Well . . .
we have a gorgeous, sunny afternoon for the wedding.
What a treat!
Hope you enjoyed my Nfld report.
Thanks for visiting!
For more Friday’s favourites, visit Suzanne at Living To Tell the Story