Why hello there!
It’s good to see you again.
It is the last day of July – the height of the summer season here on the Island.
As a child, summer seemed endless ~ one long golden day after another.
I can remember sitting on the porch, hot sun on the back of my neck, the drone of insects and heat waves shimmering in the air. Tanned legs and bare feet so toughened that I could run across hayfield stubble without flinching. The biggest problem was whether my brother and I could find enough pop bottles to cash in for an ice-cream bar. The biggest decision was whether to get an orange creamsickle or a fudgebar. 🙂
Now the days seem to slip by so quickly ~ but that shining child-like wonder remains.
I am learning not to grasp it ~ because it’s true “that nothing gold can stay“
Instead, I store it my heart, knowing that everything lovely, and everything beautiful, is a reflection of the One who is infinitely more lovely and beautiful. Everything golden is found in Him and each day a gift that brings me closer to Him.
That’s why it makes me so happy to share five of my many shining moments this week with you.
1. Beach days ~ This little one was having so much fun digging with a bright yellow shovel.
2. A shining red dragonfly, with its two sets of translucent wings, on my car antenna.
3. Dusky blueberries growing wild in our backfield – gathered fresh each morning for breakfast.
4. The sweet scent of wild roses – blooming in fields and ditches all over the Island.
5. Summertime in the city ~ outdoor cafes, live music and wandering tourists.
I like to join them and pretend I’m “from away”. 🙂
Well, I hope you enjoyed my golden moments in this week’s Friday Favourites.
The morning sun is shining through my kitchen windows and I need to pack my beach bag – this afternoon I’m heading to the shore along with dear friends and my practice grandboy!
with love and thanks for you,
drop over and see Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story.