Today is the 49th Friday Fave Five ~ Suzanne tells me that we are going to celebrate when we hit #52 – a whole year of FFF.
So . . . if you’ve never joined this fun-loving crew, now’s the perfect time. You wouldn’t want to miss the party would you?
I hope you don’t mind me going on about summer, sunshine and beaches.
If you do, you might as well click away right now.
I’m a Canadian – I put in a long, cold (although not lonely) winter. I enjoy the sparkling light on snow and cold rosy cheeks,
but summer ~ ah, summer ~ I savour summer.
I milk every last drop of summer.
I don’t even consider fall until the first leaf turns red.
1. So don’t be surprised that my first fave is a beach picture – however it is a little different from most of the beach pictures you’ve seen here.. I went up to the tourist area of the Island – Brackley beach on the north shore.
As you can tell – a little more crowded than our quiet south shores.
2. Children by the sea – I spent my childhood summers at the beach and I made sure my children did the same.I loved to play with them in the waves, build sandcastles, gather shells, explore the rocks and tidepools.
I still love to watch children play at the seashore.
There is always something to do.
Am I getting ready for grandchildren or what?? 🙂
3. This little seal caused quite a commotion that afternoon especially for the children. He swam in about 15 ft off shore.
4. Around home, my flowers are a daily source of joy.
I added these lilies to my perennial bed this spring.
White Annabelle hydrangea
(finally! a clear picture – don’t you find white flowers hard to photograph?)
and the Blue hydrangea I planted last spring – I’m not sure of the variety but it is so pretty.
5. My final favourite for today is an anticipated one. It’s a gorgeous sunny day and I’m going to the beach with friends. (surprise!) We’re heading to Basinhead, one of my very favourite beaches on the eastern tip of the Island.
I was just told there are surf conditions – hooray! Waves to play in.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll be back with pictures.
Thanks so much for dropping in. I’ll be by tomorrow to visit your Friday faves.