The evening before ~ oppressively hot and still ~ not a breath of air, even at the shore.

The calm before the storm

Yesterday ~ wet and windy.

Covehead LIghthouse (click to enlarge)23 mm of rain ~ our garden was thankful ~ the soil was parched.

Winds 75 k an hour. Not as high as they predicted, but still created impressive surf for PEI.

Waves crashing over Covehead bridge.

Sarah ~ leaning back into the wind. Notice the hat in her hand? It flew off my head!

I think I’ll go wave hunting again today. They usually last for a day or two after a storm.

There’s something in me that loves the wildness 🙂

It’s exhilarating!

I’ll be back ~ with pictures.

15 thoughts on “(not so) Wild Bill Hurricane

1. jill says:

Was wondering how it went for you up there. Sounded like a good time was had by all!

2. Niki says:

I’m thankful it wasn’t as strong as they predicted, the pics are beautiful (as usual :)blessings,Niki

3. I always enjoy stopping by your blog and looking at your pictures. You take so many nature related pics, so I think that is why I find it so enjoyable. Love the sunset pics, and the wave crashing into the bridge is great also.

4. Cedar says:

your comment about loving the wildness,… so do I. Especially if there is someone at the house with me. i am not so fond of it if I’m alone. Especially if the power goes off in mid-winter! Your sunset pics are beautiful.

5. Jill says:

Quite an experience, Kathie–your pictures really capture the whole thing. We’re hours from the shore, so we just got a little bit of rain here.XO

Wow, that is wild! I love that first shot — so serene looking, with the gentlest clouds.

7. Sara says:

Beautiful skies and sea…and clouds too. The red-trimmed corners on that little lighthouse make it look like it was painted into the photo! I clicked for a better look.

8. BlessedwithFour says:

Glad the storm was mild instead of wild Kathie – we sure do get some wild ones down here in Panama City FL since we are right on the Gulf Coast but so far so good this year, God is Awesome with his Love! :o)

What awesome pictures. There really is awesomeness about a storm’s wildness. So glad the storm for the most part went passed you.

10. Sweet Bay says:

You always show such wonderful sky and ocean pictures.

11. carolyn says:

I am glad for the rain without the wind damage. Big waves at Covehead bridge.Carolyn

12. Lana G! says:

Great pics! Enjoy the wild of it all and stay safe!

13. Faith says:

WOW! i LOVE your pictures….kinda glad the hurricane didn’t happen while we were in Acadia tho! :)and yes, someday we DO plan on getting to PEI….probably AFTER the girls are outta college (and they haven’t even begun yet!! lol)blessings to you….

14. lovella says:

Kathie. ..I thought about you all day yesterday .. .kept looking east wondering how Kathie was doing in the hurricane. I’m glad you had fun . .that is my kind of weather.

Love the wild photos and the spray you captured! Happy hunting today!!