Hi there

and

welcome to  Suzanne’s

So what was happening on the Island this week?

At least here at A Sparrow’s Home?

Well, we had:

1. Some gathering of nature’s bounty, which included a trip to Point Prim

for winterberry holly.

We need to get it before the snow flies.

Beautiful red berries

along with some fragrant  bayberry branches,

pinecones

and some evergreen branches for winter decorating.

2. Some baking

Cheddar Cheese Casserole bread from Menonnite Girls Can Cook – delicious!

Perfect with Roasted Pumpkin Soup

(if you made this for the aroma of roasting pumpkin sprinkled with nutmeg alone, it would be worth it!)

and  Spicy Ginger Crinkles ~ perfect with a hot cup of tea ~ recipe coming soon.

3. Some reading

Notice the theme of each book??

This is what happens when you go to the library hungry . . .  πŸ™‚

4. Some walking in a November wood

5 and finally some more kitty love

Blue-eyed Ruby

on her favourite perch ~ such a good-natured mama.

Well these are just a few of my favourite things from this week.

I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Thanks so much for coming by.

Happy weekend!

31 thoughts on “Friday Fave Five

1. beco gemini says:

Viewing nature in its raw form is a treat that we should all indulge in by vacationing in beautiful destinations.

2. Liaddygoaky says:

thanks! :)lets write them until the admit it, or stop doing it! i am writing them now!:)

3. eija says:

Thanks KathieYes, shredded cheese goes bad very soon after the bag is opened. That’s why I try not to buy any extra. I’m too lazy to shred it myself πŸ˜€ But I have to try this some day!

4. Islandsparrow says:

Hi Eija – sharp cheddar is the type of cheese – you can buy mild, medium or cheddar. Mozzarella would work but I’m not sure if it has enough flavour to stand out.I really don’t know how much a cup would weigh – just shred some cheese, enough to fill a mug or a large tea cup – and add it. I don’t think you have to be precise with the cheese. It is easier to buy shredded cheese but I’ve heard that it doesn’t stay as fresh – and of course, it’s more expensive.The bread is delicious – watch the salt though – I found it a tad bit salty.

5. eija says:

The bread looks (slurp) delicious! Just couldn’t find out – what’s the difference between "shredded cheddar" and "shredded SHARP cheddar"? And do you have any idea how much that 1 cup of cheese weighs? Would be easier to buy it… Also wondering if the bread would be good with mozzarella instead of cheddar…

6. Josie Ray says:

Your Friday Fave Five pics are always so lovely. I love your winterberry closeup…the berries look like candies that you’d want to pop in your mouth! And you can never, ever overdo the kitten photos. How DO they always look so innocent and get into so much mischief?

7. Willow says:

Loving your photos this week! Lighthouses, kitties, sunsets! Thank you so much for sharing your week! Blessings to you on your next week on autumnal beauty!

8. Thanks for stopping by. I am so pleased my dil is willing to decorate my tree. I am not that great at it, and hers looks great. She has quite a knack for it. Plus I ill get to play with the baby while she does it. Good trade off!!!I have loved to scrapbook and have done bunches of books, but my time is getting limited so I must make the change. I need to find someone who can tell me some tips. I will update the blog as I try it!Blessings.

9. Brenda says:

I always enjoy the photo visit of your world, everything looks so beautiful and cozy. Those kitties are just irrisistable πŸ™‚

10. Sweet Bay says:

Those Winterberry are so beautiful — have Winterberry growing wild on our farm but the birds have stripped them really early this year. The food looks wonderful, and the kitten laying on her mother is the cutest ever!

11. Oh, my…it’s a good thing I had just eaten when I read your blog or I think I would have reached right through the monitor and snatched up that cheddar cheese bread. So yummy looking! And blue-eyed Ruby – what a charmer! Looks like it is almost time to batten down the hatches in your neck of the woods as the cold sets in. Stay warm and cozy!

12. Judy says:

A visual treat, is right! I so enjoy your your pictures and the music….and I think I need a snack!And the winterberry holly is beautiful…wish we had it on the west coast as well.

13. Lorna says:

As always, lovely Kathie … Thank you so very much. Love you –

14. Jerri says:

I have this overwhelming need for fresh bread now …Love the pictures of Point Prim and the red berries against the blue sky!

15. karyn says:

Gorgeous photos! I’d love to see how you use these berries and branches to decorate your home.The pumkin and the baking look delicious!

16. traveler says:

Enjoyed your pics this am and the music. Who is playing? What a beautiful way to start the day. Godd bless.

17. jen says:

Such great pictures…I loved them all.

18. Barbara H. says:

Gorgeous photos and sweet thoughts. That bread is calling out to me.I love the music playing now though I can’t tell what the song is.

19. I definitely enjoyed my visit here this morning. A visual treat and it got my mouth watering for the delicious food. If only I could reach through and grab a piece of that bread! Blessings to you.

So so lovely to see fall through your eyes, Kathie. I’m loving the red of those berries and can almost smell the cosy scents of home cooking.

21. Carrie, RtK says:

First I was going to say that cheesy bread looked the best. Then I got to the shot of the crinkly ginger cookies. Yummy!And I love the shot of red berries also.Have a wonderful weekend!

Happy sigh being emitted here from all your lovely pictures and the "homey-ness" of your lovely post.

23. I ALWAYS love your pictures. I think it’s because I have such a love for the outdoors and your pictures reflect my love of the outdoors in the same way I would. πŸ™‚ Those Spicy Ginger cookies look great…..do you have a recipe????

24. Missy K says:

How lovely– such a treat, and I am off to read that bread recipe!

Oh such a treat to my eyes Kathie! Love your photos. Yikes that food looks good. hmmm maybe I should step away from the computer and have my breakfast now. Have a wonderful weekend.

26. kari says:

I love love love your photo’s. Even without your words I would know that you have a good week. I love the red berry pictures and your food looks delicious.Happy Day.

27. Hazel says:

What a visual treat! I love them all, and I’m sooo hungry now! πŸ™‚

28. Josie Ray says:

29. Sweet Bay says:

30. Oh, my…it’s a good thing I had just eaten when I read your blog or I think I would have reached right through the monitor and snatched up that cheddar cheese bread. So yummy looking! And blue-eyed Ruby – what a charmer! Looks like it is almost time to batten down the hatches in your neck of the woods as the cold sets in. Stay warm and cozy!