Hello there

and

welcome to

1. We’ve been under cloud cover for most of the last three weeks. So any sight of blue sky and sunshine wins first place in my favourites for this week.

Point Prim lighthouse

I appreciate every bit of light ~ especially this time of year. And, I’m already beginning to notice the sun staying with us longer each afternoon. We’re on the way up!

2. Another top favourite?

Newlywed love ~ James and Nora came for dinner this week

and  demonstrated their winter kiss. 🙂

3. Exercising with Sarah and “Sharon“.

It feels good to get in shape and I have 10 sessions under my belt so far! I make a check on the calendar for every session completed –  I need all the encouragement I can get.

I’m not quite that flexible yet  🙂

4. Another favourite in the exercising category ~ swimming! My kids gave me a pass to the Cari Pool in Charlottetown. I haven’t quite figured out the schedule yet but I’m looking forward to doing some laps in this lovely pool.

and, although you can’t see it in this shot,

that ladder in the picture leads straight to the hot tub!

Ah . . .

I am really looking forward to that!

5. I’ve been enjoying some photography this week.

snow-capped berriesWinter photography is a bit more challenging than other seasons,

Pinette Harbourbut I enjoy looking for those small spots of colour and light in the white landscape.

late afternoon in winterWell, I hope you enjoyed your Friday visit with me.

Thanks so much for coming by and also many thanks for leaving a comment – I love seeing who came to call and where you are from.

For more Friday fun visit Suzanne and the gang at Living To Tell the Story.

Happy weekend!

18 thoughts on “A wintry Friday Fave

1. Josie Ray says:

Your lighthouse photo is breathtaking…looks like a dream! And the "winter kiss" made me laugh. Laughter is a sign of grace! So, thank you. And I like the queen anne’s lace…winter weeds are a favorite here.Sometimes when I read your faves, I wonder what I would write if I participated. The fact is, that my faves just don’t change every week. Which is fine with me, but I do think my readers would get tired of seeing the exact same faves every week for about two-month stretches. 🙂 I’m a slow mover, I guess.

2. It’s Sunday but I’m still trying to get around to everyone’s Friday Five Favs and I’m certainly delighted I didn’t miss yours. What BEAUTIFUL wintry photographs you’ve captured and shared … your world looks so different from my own. Thanks for sharing ;-)Hugs and blessings,

Is that parka kiss what we call an "Eskimo Kiss?" Love the wintry pics, Kathie. That blue sky is well worth first place in my book too.Jody

4. Brenda says:

I love your pictures! I have enjoyed exercising a lot this week as well. And how wonderful to have the newlyweds over for dinner. Sounds like a great week.

5. carolyn says:

Hi Kathie, I love your winter shots-all of them! I love the boat cropped in. Point Prim is beautiful in all seasons.You just might inspire me to get out my exercise tape-I have been trying to walk more and eat less though!Take care,Carolyn

6. The photo of the trees is breathtaking. It reminds me of a Farquharson painting.

7. LOVE the winter pictures. And that pool looks rather inviting. I like the idea of swimming laps as a work out and THEN enjoying the hot tub. That would motivate me. 🙂

I love winter photography. The monochromatic whites and greys with that one splash of bright color that can be found. So pretty. Good for you for working out. A good soak in a hot tub is a definite reward.

9. kari says:

Your photos are always so beautiful. I love the newly weds wintery kiss picture – very cute. Well done with the exercising. I’m trying to stay motivated too.Keep it going.

10. Breathtaking winter photography! Wow!Exercise always makes me feel good — what a nice gift, the opportunity to swim.Enjoy your weekend.

11. Faith says:

I love coming to your blog and viewing these gorgeous pics!My favorites are your 2nd one and the last one…..loved your whole list! Have a wonderful weekend…..

12. Lana G! says:

Beautiful winter scenery! Love the lighthouse!

13. Lana G! says:

Beautiful winter scenery! Love the lighthouse!

14. Pam says:

Thanks, Kathy, for posting such lovely pictures. I miss PEI in the winter (well, some of it anyway!!).

15. Your picture of the red berries covered by snow is just outstanding. The color is luscious. Great job. And congrats on doing all that exercising. I’m waiting for my exercise hula hoops to arrive. I hula hooped as a teen many moons ago and now here it is an exercise routine. Maybe I haven’t lost my touch…..ha!

16. Home Again says:

I always love your photography…Keep up the exercise Kathy. It’s so hard at our age to keep motivated and yet it creeps up so quickly.We’ve been covered in rain for the last week…hopefully lots of snow on the mountains, in time for the Olympic

Beautiful Kathy. I love your photography. That kiss is so darn cute :0)It’s nice to see the days get longer…Have a wonderful weekend.