Oh. my. goodness!
We’ve had some simply gorgeous winter days here on the Island.
Sunlight, blue sky, crisp fresh air, sparkling snow and not too cold ~ around freezing.
So I’ve been out with my camera ~ having such fun!
I wish that you had come along.
But since you couldn’t, I’ll share my favourites with you here in our weekly Friday Fave visit.
I’ve had a terrible time narrowing down to 5.
But it’s good discipline – right?
1. I tend to favor macro pictures but I love the sweeping view in this scene. The yellow farmhouse stands out against the dark wood, the snow covered fields and the brilliant blue sky.
2. Ah macro – love it! Tiny tracks in the fresh snow. I wonder who made them? Maybe a mouse scurrying through the snow to its snug little winter den.
3. I had to lay flat in the snow for the above picture ~ which explains the next picture.
I had to include it because it reminds me of my childhood days – playing in the snow and coming home covered with snow, soaked, cold and totally happy. And my mom would say “where are your snow pants??” 🙂
4. The play of light on the pine cones. Mmm ~ macro again. I love the tiny details.
5. What? Number 5 already?? What about the blue sky picture? The cat sunning in the barn door? The horses’ shaggy winter coats?
I’ll save them for another day. And I’ll leave you with the delicious sound of a brook in a quiet wood.
(Pause the music on the sidebar – or listen to them together – they blend rather well 🙂
I really hope you enjoyed your visit this week. Thanks so much for dropping in!
For more lovely Friday faves, visit Suzanne at Living To Tell The Story.