enjoyable!

I laughed and cried.

An anglophile and logophile`s delight.

Memorable lines:

I would prefer it if I did not enjoy oranges. Consuming them is a most incommodious business.

This is no occasion for a sport! There’s lace at stake!

Dr. Morgan: All the rest will know the news by tea time.
Miss Deborah Jenkyns: Or sooner Dr Morgan. This is Cranford.

A striking similarity to PEI in that last line

🙂

8 thoughts on “thoroughly

1. Linda says:

Oh I loved it too Kathie. I sighed when it was over and fervently wished I could watch a new episode of life in Cranford every single night!

2. Tracie says:

Yep, we’re fans of Cranford as well. That Judy Dench is so versatile! We really enjoyed the new Emma. I like all 3 versions, but this may actually be the best one of all.

3. Carolyn says:

Hi Kathie, Wasn’t it beautiful today. I was busy painting so I didn’t take any pics except from the window-bet you got some nice ones though.Where did you see Cranford-is it on t.v. a rental or the library? I have heard of it but never seen it. I love your previous photo of the church. Take care, Carolyn

4. hip chick says:

Yes I love Cranford also.l And, I know just how she felt about oranges!

5. tonia says:

we LOVE Cranford (didn’t love the sequel though….so disappointing.) it is utterly charming and the lace episode is hilarious!!did you watch the new version of Emma on MAsterpiece? i liked it a lot!tonia

Oh goodie…one to put on my list!

7. Sara says:

I loved the orange eating episode too! I didn’t quite believe it, however, until I found a drawing in a book by George Sand about her and Chopin’s vacation on a distant shore. In the book were drawings, one by her son, of he and his sister eating oranges….or sucking them, I should say. If you want to see this huge waste of oranges…here is the link to my post. I was amazed. http://saraandherblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-eat-orange.html

8. Niki says:

I KNOW!!! I Loved the series, it’s on my wish list. Have you seen Return to Cranford…just as delightful as the first (unusual for sequels)blessings,Niki