It’s not really Spring here in PEI yet,  but there’s a hint of spring in the air.

Note our weather forecast:

with a high of 3 C.

That’s not normal February weather for Prince Edward Island.

And this is not what we usually find when we go down to the beach in February:

0pen water

and a glimpse of bare beach.

So I’m beginning to feel a little spring-like – er, springish – um, springy??

πŸ™‚

Tennyson wrote:

“In the Spring a young man’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love”

My fancy, on the other hand, turns to more prosaic subjects.

Like paint.

And I have found my new best friend when it comes to choosing paint colours.

Try it out.

Fun!

10 thoughts on “of Spring and fancies

So fun to see open water and puddles.We had 43*F today which was a nice, nice change.I’ve been dabbling in the paint lately too. I’m going to check out your link.

2. jill says:

Ohhh thank you for the paint link and especially the shot of that green wall room. It is so close to what I went with. I’ve gotten rave reviews, but still occasionally doubt my choice as too far off the usual color path.Doing "cutting edge" stuff is not for the faint at heart! I needed something to prove that I was not off my rocker with choice!

3. Jill says:

I’m looking forward to Spring painting, too, Kathie!Of course, right now we’re looking at another 12 inches or so of snow…XO

4. Josie Ray says:

p.s. We are, however, back at home, supposed to get a few more inches of snow tonight. I should type this in a guilty whisper: I love it. πŸ™‚

5. Josie Ray says:

It was 50F this past weekend here! And sunny. We went to the shore. There was NO snow there. I hope to post pics by this weekend.

Yes, the paint starts flowing around here in spring too. I need to check out that sight.

7. Jerri says:

Spring makes me think of paint, too!

Oh that does look like fun. I already have 2 areas in mind to change the color of when we get back to Washington. What dramatic "Spring" shots those are :0) Beautiful….

9. Sweet Bay says: