When it comes to life
the critical thing is whether you take things for granted
or take them with gratitude.
G. K. Chesterton
Joining the joy counters . . .
76. a teacher librarian’s dream – kids with books
(HT – Mental Multivitamin)
78. babies in the balcony (Sunday morning service)
79. a little blond boy running to me to show off his striped tie (Sunday morning service)
80. my own little boy memories – smiling thinking about them
81. Mom memories – almost 19 years and still a sweet pang of missing
82. sunshine on a Monday morning
83. words from a dear friend – I look forward to a long conversation with her someday.
Do Thou for me, O God the Lord
Do Thou for me
I need not toil to find the word
Unfolds my prayer and offers it,
My God to Thee
It is enough that Thou wilt do
And wilt not tire,
Wilt lead by cloud, all the night through
By light of fire
Till Thou has perfected in me
Thy heart’s desire
(and a special comfort to a mother’s heart)
For my beloved I will not fear
Love knows how to do
For him, for her, from year to year
Whom my heart cherishes are dear
To Thy heart too.
O blessed be the love that bears
The burden now
The love that frames our very prayers
Well knowing how
To coin our gold, O God the Lord
Do Thou, Do Thou.
Amy Carmichael – Toward Jerusalem
84. a contented pastor husband on a Monday morning with a “head filled with happy thoughts”
85. Spring-time coming
86. Crocus shoots (brave or foolish?) – at the beginning of March.
87. Indoor blooming
88. March – birthday month for a sweet boy and his mama
89. March – patches of bare ground showing through
90. March – outside without a winter coat
91. March – wood left in the woodpile
92. March – the call of wild geese returning
93. March – garden dreaming
94. music ~ girl at piano
95. guitar playing boys
96. harmonies – a live clip of the boys’ band.
97. the sea
A good beginning.