Hi there everyone!
A very warm welcome to
Between Easter and packing a girl off on a YWAM course, I’ve missed the last 2 Friday’s Faves. But I’m glad to be back, joining with Suzanne, and all the others, as we list our favourite things from the past week.
1. I was very thankful and relieved to see this favourite on facebook this morning!
My daughter’s status:
Sarah Kathryn MacPhee is now in Hawaii. 🙂
A sweet email was waiting for me. She made it through customs and airports without any problems. Thank You Lord! and she has four Asian roommates ~ who all know Anne of Green Gables! 🙂
2. I’m so thankful for a wonderful Easter weekend with :
- the loveliest Easter weather that I can ever remember
- sweet fellowship
- exuberant praise and worship
- a fun extended family dinner (my beloved’s family love to laugh)
- a lovely after church walk along the boardwalk in Victoria Park, Charlottetown
3. Waking to the early morning chorus of birdsong outside my open window ~ just before sunrise. What a cheery way to start the day!
4. Another favourite way to start the day – smoothies – a culinary favourite. I’m trying to use up the frozen fruit in our freezer (getting ready for strawberry season) and so I’ve been enjoying these:
I throw in frozen strawberries or blueberries, bananas, yogurt and some icecubes into the blender and whir until smooth. Do you have a favourite smoothie recipe? I’ve never tried adding spinach although I’ve heard it’s a great way to get your greens. Somehow it just doesn’t appeal – but I’m ready to listen if you want to convince me 🙂
5. and finally ~ a real, honest to goodness, springtime. 🙂
I’m not usually able to join in the spring fever that hits the blog world this time of year.
Because this is typically what PEI looks like in early spring; below the bird feeding tree last April.
Snow isn’t unusual for early April.
Here’s a picture of the bird feeder tree this year!
Our eyes are drinking in every splash of colour,
and this mystery plant – can anyone help me out by identifying it? I must have planted it 2 years ago – but this is the first year it’s come up. Could it be bluebells?
We’re admiring every shoot of green,
every tiny leaf unfurling,
even the bees are awake early this year.
Happy, happy sigh!
We’re in spring heaven.
Hope your week was filled with blessings too.
Thanks so much for coming by.
PS Head over to Suzanne’s and scroll down to see the coolest Resurrection Sunday celebration! You’ll love it!