It’s Friday and time for the Fave Five – the blog event when we look over our week and remember the things that have blessed us. Our hostess is the lovely Suzanne of Living To Tell The Story. Drop over there to join the fun.
1. Well, it’s been a busy week, inside and out, here on our Island home.
We have a long springtime to do list! Indoors we’re painting the kitchen, computer/library room and the hallway. Outdoors we’re raking and cleaning up the yard and garden.
Our house is surrounded on three sides by a tall spruce grove. I love to stand there and listen to the rush of wind through the trees – it sounds like the ocean. The birds nest among the branches and wake us every morning with their songs. And of course the evergreen boughs are a welcome infusion of colour during our white winters.
but where there are spruce trees, there are spruce cones
Thankfully, Roger and I enjoy being outdoors in the fresh spring air – even raking.
Indoor painting? That’s another story! Let’s just say we’ll enjoy when it’s finished!
2. While we rake and clean up the yard, we’re enjoying the sunny daffodils. They’re blooming – a month ahead of time!
2. Another task on the springtime list? Getting the garden ready. We’ve already planted our potatoes – on the earliest date ever recorded in this household 🙂
4. Harvesting the garden . . .
(Really and truly! but it’s last year’s crop. 🙂
We planted parsnips last year for the very first time and they weathered the mild winter perfectly. Roger dug them up this week and they were delicious. They even smelled garden fresh!
They’re perfect in our favourite roasted veggie mix.
5. Speaking of delicious, I tried a new to me bran muffin recipe this week. So good! Thanks Joanne for posting it 🙂
I met Joanne a few years when she made the trip from Ontario to Prince Edward Island with her family.
I was delighted to learn that she’s started her own blog- Seasonal Hearth – drop over and say hi! Maybe we can persuade her to join the Friday Fave Five party!
Thanks so much for coming by this week. Hope you enjoyed your visit.