Hi there and welcome to
1. The week began on a little sad note – our kitty Ruby died.
As you can see in this photo with her brother Rollie, she wasn’t very big. In fact, she wasn’t growing. She was 8 months old, but looked more like an 8 week old kitten. She was never a very healthy cat – but she was a sweet little thing. My niece, who is a vet, thinks that she had a problem from birth which would explain why she never grew.
2. On a happier note, I had all five of my children call or visit within 3 days:
- a skype chat with my oldest boy and DIL in London
- dinner with my second boy and his girlfriend
- another dinner with my youngest boy and DIL
- a call from the girlie in Hawaii
- and finally, a skype call from my middle boy, John and his sweet wife Kathleen, in Toronto – he celebrated his 25th birthday on April 26th.
Here’s a long ago birthday celebration – John Alec on his 4th. What a sweet grin. Is that really 21 years ago? It seems like yesterday. It’s hard to believe that he’s a quarter century old 🙂
Have you noticed the new song on my playlist? John Alec wrote this song a number of years ago – he’s the guitarist in the ensemble. I gave it the title 🙂
3. More happy notes ~ even though it’s been a grey and rainy week, spring is on the move. Tiny leaves are unfurling and bright green shoots are pushing up through the dead leaves on the forest floor.
4. In the garden, there are little spots of springtime colour ~ daffodils and primula
Even dandelions warm my heart this time of year. So sunshiny yellow!
And inside, this little birdhouse is a cheery sight.
$2.99 at Value Village. I can’t decide whether to hang it outside in the flowerbed or keep it here on my little indoor garden shelf. What do you think?
5. I have a tasty treat for my final FFF note this week. When the weather is a bit dismal, it’s time to pull out the cookie sheets and get baking. I’ve experimented with a lot of ginger/molasses type cookie recipes and I think this is one of the best. The house was filled with such a rich spicy fragrance! I just wish the picture was scratch and sniff 🙂
I didn’t have dark brown sugar and just used ordinary table molasses – but it didn’t seem to make a difference. They are delicious!!
In fact, I’m putting on the teapot. Why don’t you pull up a chair to the kitchen table and I’ll pour you a cup. Help yourself to the cookies too 🙂
When you’ve finished, you might want to drop over to Suzanne’s, the sweet hostess of our FFF fun. She might need a bit of cheering up. Roger and I heard on the weather channel that some s**w hit her area.
We’ve had it on the Island in April too – actually in May as well – and I’ve heard stories of a few flakes in June. Don’t get me wrong, s**w is lovely in WINTER but not quite as much fun in SPRING. (I’m shouting Suzanne so maybe Mr S**W can hear 🙂
While I’ve been writing this little note to you, the rain has stopped and the sun is peeking out from behind the clouds. The weather forecast promises more sunshine on the weekend – I’m a happy girl!
Thanks for coming by. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!