I was heading out to town for errands last week. It was a cloudy day, spitting rain, and I debated whether I should take my camera.

But you know the rule – “Always take your camera”. It never fails that if I forget, I see something I want to shoot.

So, I popped it in my bag along with my shopping list, gathered up my library books, grabbed my umbrella off the coat-rack, and headed out.

And look what happened along the way 🙂

Hooray for blue sky!

It was a breezy day and the wind whipped the clouds across the sky.

I could see bright  bands of sunlight racing over the fields.

Photo op! Time to pull over.

I parked the car along the side of the road, opened the door and stood up on the running board with elbows and camera braced against the roof and began to click.

Light Play (click to enlarge)The sun is out again today –  between the clouds. It seems to be a pattern.

It’s all good – more light play!

I’m off to town – camera in tow.

Happy Tuesday!

14 thoughts on “along the way

1. lovella says:

Good Morning Kathie,Thank you for visiting us on our Millionth Visitor Day yesterday. . .Guess what? You are the winner of the crocheted pot holder.. ..please send me your address so we can pop it in the mail.

2. Tracie says:

I love you beautiful cloud pictures. If I ever learn to paint, I want to paint SkyScapes!

3. Jerri says:

I just pulled over on the side of the road yesterday to take photos. I wondered as people drove by if they thought I was crazy … Glad to see I am not the only one that does this!God made such a beautiful world …thanks for sharing your corner of it!

4. Judy says:

Always take your camera…a good rule! See what we all would have missed.

5. Joanne says:

I took a similar photo today so we must all be enjoying the same spectacular blue sky/white fluffy clouds…just beautiful photos Kathie!Love them all!Joanne

6. Nan says:

Oh, so lovely!

7. Josie Ray says:

Lovely sky. Great wagon! And great photo of lupines as your footer. I just discovered the children’s book Miss Rumphius a week or so ago, and if you love lupines, you should read it!

8. lovella says:

Our skies look the same today. . .so fun ..here and there. ..and yet the same.Lovely pictures.

9. sweetbay says:

PEI must be one of the most picturesque places anywhere. Beautiful images!

10. Kim says:

I did the same today. Took the camera and thought the blue skies were beautiful. Lots of clouds in all shapes and forms.

11. jill says:

Purse, keys, cell phone and camera: check, check, check and check.All a woman blogger really needs!

12. Lorna says:

Enjoy … it is beautiful!!! Have a wonderful day.

13. Deb says:

Love all the pictures you post. I agree…whenever I don’t take a camera I ALWAYS wish I had!

So glad you tucked in your camera! Beautiful sights!!