A big hello to everyone!!
I’ve missed you 🙂
It’s good to be back on the Island – phew! I can’t begin to describe how simply crossing the Confederation Bridge and driving onto Island soil settles me down deep inside.
I can remember when the Island only had ferry service – I would stand out on the deck straining for that first glimpse of red Island cliffs. Such a beautiful sight to this Island born girl. It’s a love affair, no doubt.
But don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed being “away”. We had a fantastic trip!
But there’s something about home and I’m sure you agree, wherever you live.
Anyway ~ welcome home to me and welcome to Friday’s Fave 5 to you!!
I’m sitting in my chair – it’s a perfect summer day, bright and sunny, with a soft summer breeze drifting in the open windows. I can hear birds singing. My coffee cup is filled to the brim with good strong brew and hot milk (yes every morning!) and now I’m ready to choose the highlights of the week.
oh dear . . . problems!
It’s almost impossible to choose. A myriad of pictures and stories! You’ll be hearing about it for a while.
Well, let’s start at the very beginning – a very good place to start 🙂
1. The main reason we left our Island was to attend the wedding of our dear friends’ girl – Abbie is Rinda and Bill’s youngest daughter and just like a daughter to us as well.
It was a perfect day for the wedding. Abbie was a gorgeous bride and I don’t know that you could find a happier couple!
2. Andy, the groom, is from Ireland and his family and friends flew over – the Island contingent made the trek across the border – and family and friends from PA joined in to create an incredible four day celebration. The wedding was held at the Dean’s summer home in the mountains of PA.
So fun to look at mountains for a change of scenery! And that creek is perfect for tubing. Did I mention that little general store sells the most delicious ice cream? And that porch – well – there’s nothing like sitting there, looking out over the creek, and laughing with a bunch of Irish! They know how to have fun!
3. Next we were off to NJ for another visit. A golden sunrise greeted me from our friends’ deck.
A peaceful place for early morning quiet time and coffee.
Just a couple of kayakers, a few fishermen and this little duck kept me company.
4. Our next stop was quite a contrast! Our friends work in NY City so we headed into the Big Apple. I couldn’t help but think of Aesop’s fable of the town mouse and country mouse. 🙂
It was quite an experience ~ we enjoyed it thoroughly! Stay tuned for more stories 🙂
5. Finally, we arrived back home to discover that we hadn’t missed the lupins after all.
and to crown our return, the first peony bud unfolded in all its glory.
It’s good to be home.
Hope your weekend is filled to the brim with blessings
PS ~ For more Friday Faves visit our lovely hostess, Suzanne, and the favers at Living To Tell The Story.
Better yet, join the fun!
PPS ~ How do you like my new summer layout? I created the tile myself. It’s so hard to find a summery blue.