a newcomer to the perennial garden.

hollyhock foxglove blooms. (I think! I can never remember what I plant.)

Ah, they’re foxgloves! Kim to the rescue! Thanks!!

Hope they don’t mind a bit of hot summer weather.

The heat wave in the New England states decided to travel up here to PEI. But it very nicely cooled down a smidgeon to 28 C today and 29 C tomorrow – 82 – 85 F.

Sunshiny bright skies – and hot – for us Northerners anyway 🙂

Definitely a beach day!

I love summer 🙂

10 thoughts on “summer pretties

1. Joanne says:

The foxglove is one of my favourites! You captured it well!Joanne

Oh, look at all those fancy spots! Beautiful shot, Kathie.

3. DonnaTN says:

Your photography is wonderful! The foxglove looks like it is in the room with me!

4. anneliese says:

I just planted one like that for the first time this year too. I wish it would bloom all summer… my guess is it doesn’t.

5. Judy says:

Lovely blooms…whatever the name. Don’t you love these warm summer days? We are to have our hottest one yet today…36°C or more.

Oh goody a beach day for you…I’m glad it cooled down by the time that wave hit you on PEI!

7. Foxgloves–hollyhocks–they still look like summer! : D

8. Islandsparrow says:

LOL Kim they are foxgloves! Like i added – I can never remember flower names – I’m hopeless 🙂

9. faith says:

Here in the albany Ny area we are having a heat wave too! yesterday it was 97!!! but i don’t mind….i’ll take this over our jan and feb weather any day! 🙂 enjoy those flowers!!

10. Where I come from, we’d call those flowers foxgloves! It must be like quilt patterns; names change depending upon the region!