It’s time to join Suzanne and look over our favourite moments from the past week ~ the blessings we don’t want to forget ~ little and big ~ anything that made you smile, wonder, or cheer! (btw – great new button Suzanne!)
1. It’s the height of strawberry season here on Prince Edward Island. Strawberries on breakfast cereal, strawberries and cream, strawberries on ice-cream, strawberry shortcake, strawberry pie. The possibilities are endless!
Best of all, the sweet scent of freshly picked, sun-kissed berries in the field ~ quintessential summer.
2. We’re having fun with Mela, our new kitty! She’s obviously never been outside and wasn’t too sure of all the new sights and sounds. I had a hard time coaxing her off my lap to take a picture.
That grass feels strange.
Ah . . . much better up here 🙂
3. We’ve had some lovely warm temperatures lately – just perfect for beach weather! Yesterday it reached 30 C and probably will again today. The wonderful thing about living on an Island is there are so many beaches to choose. Yesterday I went to a South Shore favourite near the Wood Islands ferry. The water temperature was lovely – 75 F.
4. Another favourite? These happy faces at our annual Daily Vacation Bible School. Fun times!
5. My final favourite is something I discovered on our trip. I can’t believe I hadn’t heard about this before. You all know Tim Horton’s – there’s no other place for my beloved to get a coffee. We’re regulars.
I like Tim’s coffee but I also like to order an occasional steeped tea or in the summer, a creamy iced cap. But my horizons have just expanded beyond imagination! Look who has joined forces with Tim’s!
I discovered this spot in Brewer Me. And apparently there is already one in Summerside, a town in western PEI and it’s also coming to Charlottetown very soon.
Did I mention that I tried this ice cream concoction at 10 in the morning?
Chocolate ice cream, Heath bar and peanut butter – dairy and protein. I like to have a balanced breakfast. 🙂
Oh. my. word! It’s a good thing I re-started my exercise program this week.
Hope you enjoyed a little taste of summer days here on PEI.
Thanks so much for coming by!
PS – For more Friday Favourites visit Suzanne at Living To Tell The Story