Welcome to Friday’s Fave 5!

I’m joining with Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story, as we count our blessings and favourite moments of the week.

It’s been a week of summer celebrations ~ wonderful times with family and friends, a wedding party, a new baby, and of course beach time!

Here are a few of the highlights:

1.Basin Head Beach ~ a perfect day with good friends. Basin Head is a little jewel of a beach on the Eastern tip of the Island.

We had to battle road construction to get there, but oh! it’s so worth it.

You can see the Magdalene ferry in the bottom right.

2. Babies! Little surfer boy in the picture above became a big brother the very next day!

Welcome to the world little Caspian ~ a new grandboy for Rinda and Bill. Here he is at 4 days old – isn’t he a little doll? Congratulations to Sarah, Nathan, Xan and the whole family!

Here’s another baby – the kitten variety πŸ™‚

Mela in a basket. She’s keeping us entertained with her antics!

3. Bride & Groom (in keeping with the B theme πŸ™‚ ~ Abbie and Andy arrived for an Island wedding party and just in time to meet their new nephew!

Family, friends and food – a good time!

4. Blossoms ~ my lilies are in full bloom.

And so are the wild roses ~ such a sweet perfume!

5.  Berries ~ Another big bowl of strawberries is waiting for me. The freezer jam I made yesterday turned out lovely. Today I’ll crush the berries with sugar and freeze them for ice cream, yogurt and shortcake.

Strawberry season is just about over but I hear rumours that the raspberries and blackberries are ready for picking.

I’m already past 5 favourites but I can’t forget Books!  I’m enjoying some summer reading – authors Rosamund Pilcher, Eva Ibbotson and this lovely cookbook, Simple Pleasures from our Maritime Kitchens.

Perfect summer reading!

Hope you are enjoying your summer wherever you live.

Many blessings,

21 thoughts on “FFF ~ beaches, babies, brides, blossoms and berries

That lil Caspian looks good on you.Jody

2. randi says:

beautiful beach photo! wow! makes me regret being landlocked here in colorado!

3. faith says:

gorgeous pics as always. Love the alliteration!!!!!Precious baby and I wish I could come up and visit and pick raspberries with ya! my fave!!!!!!

A new baby! How exciting and congratulations to the family.Your pictures are lovely. I would love to visit any beach in PEI! :v)

5. Island Friend says:

I LOVE your blog! Beautiful pictures and themes. What an adorable little baby! Thanks for sharing in such a meaningful way.

6. hip chick says:

I love all your Bs! What a sweet little baby boy. And I call those roses beach roses since they most often grow near the beach down here in New England. They smell the best mixed with the other scents of the beach.

Such beautiful images of your summer joys. The new little one is so sweet!! Blessings.

8. Basin Head looks incredibly beautiful! Caspian is adorable. Wow. Love the blossoms and the strawberries. What a feast for the eyes on your FFF!

9. Katrina says:

Greeting from Cape Breton! I am absolutely loving your blog! Our strawberries were stolen this year. We went hunting raspberries this week but nothing was near ready here. I’m enjoying cherries off the trees in our yard this week.

10. Your pictures are just breathtaking this week. What a treat to see them. And little Caspian is a real cutie. What a look he is giving in that picture! It just cracked me up. Have a great week.

11. Lisa says:

Hi Kathie, I enjoyed your blog. That baby is beautiful and he looks so very alert for 4 days old. I love the beach and yours looks wonderful. I did make it to the end of your "about you" list. You have lead a very interesting life. Nice to meet you:)

12. Brenda says:

Ahh, babies, kittens, cake and berries, lots of wonderful things to be thankful for.

13. karyn says:

Your ‘B’ post is bursting with blessings!Seriously, you are a gifted photographer….I love seeing your world through the pictures you post.Such a serious little boy bundle…..so cute. Is he a nephew? friend?The kiten photos is amazing…..should be a poster, with a cute saying – selling thousands to be posted on teenagers’ bedroom walls all over the continent.

14. Deb says:

Beautiful water! Sounds like a lovely time. Thanks for the ferry link; I’m reading up on it.

15. Julie says:

Such beautiful beach pics! And that baby….oh my! I made blackberry jam this week…didnt set up very well though. Hoping to do wild sand plums next week. By the way, I featured you on my fave five lists this week πŸ™‚

16. Laura says:

All of your photos are so great! I’ve never seen water that blue. And what a beautiful baby!Happy weekend.

17. Jerri says:

Caspian – what an unusual name!!Love your photos – now I’m hungry for berries. Summer reading – how I love it!

18. Cindy says:

We enjoyed Basin Head Beach when we went up for a day also. I love your shot with the Ferry in the background.I have never made strawberry jam. My berries are all done but we had fresh raspberries on our guests plates this am. The blackberries are just around the corner and we have been picking mulberry and tasting them this week also.I enjoyed your B’s for your FFF thanks and as always your photos are fantastic,

Just beautiful images of summer, Kathie. And that shot of the baby-kitty is greeting-card-worthy πŸ™‚

20. Islandsparrow says:

Hi Niki – I like it – especially since we are using so much less sugar – plus the kitchen doesn’t get all steamy. I still have cooked jam left over from last year so we’ll get to eat both kinds this winter.

21. Niki says:

So, how did the strawberry freezer jam making go…what’s you’re opinion? πŸ™‚