Since tropical storm Earl, the weather on the Island has been moody and unsettled.

But despite grey cloud and fitful sunshine, these bright flashes of colour bring a smile.

American goldfinch and purple finch at the feeder.

garden sunshine

The planter on my deck – still going strong!

Happy Wednesday!

9 thoughts on “smiling

1. carolyn says:

Hi Kathie, thank you for answering my question today. It looks like a good day for the 70 mile yard saleHave a good weekend,Carolyn

2. carolyn says:

Hi Kathie, i love the bird shots-I have never seen a purple finch in our garden, Yes, i am looking forward to the 70 mile yard sale-I always enjoy it. Is there one at the church this year again.? I am hoping for nice weather Sat.Take care,Carolyn

3. marg says:

It's always amazing how those planters that we made…keep us smiling…or those pesty birds who keep coming back.I love those colors.

4. Niki says:

We've had lots of rain and overcast skies here in Eastern Ontario….but your pictures brightened things up!

That's some fun color!!

6. Judy says:

Enjoy those birds & blooms! Beautiful pic's.

7. kelli says:

Love those birds! Our finches only pass through here on their way to cooler weather. Guess they don't like the Texas heat! We did just see a pair of Baltimore Orioles on their way north. The daddy's orange was so gorgeous!!!I love the gift of flowers and birds that the Maker has given us to enjoy:)

8. carolyn says: