“Anne was bringing the cows home from the back pasture by way of Lover’s Lane. It was a September evening and all the gaps and clearings in the woods were brimmed up with ruby sunset light.

Here and there the lane was splashed with it, but for the most part it was already quite shadowy beneath the maples, and the spaces under the firs were filled with a clear violet dusk like airy wine. The winds were out in their tops, and there is no sweeter music on earth than that which the wind makes in the fir trees at evening.”

Anne of Green Gables ~ ch 29

You may have noticed here at A Sparrow’s Home, that we hang on to summer as long as possible.

It’s just the beach girl in me. It’s hard to say goodbye to sunlit waves and soft summer air.

but even I can read the writing on the wall.

so, here’s a cheery welcome to Autumn’s ruby light, wind music in the fir trees and air like wine.

And campfires on the beach for fall swimming

I don’t give in that easily šŸ™‚

8 thoughts on “changing

Love that photo of the leaves Kathie! Fall colors just make me happy! :v)

2. Jientje says:

I love the warm light you captured in the leaves photos. It IS hard to say goodbye to Summer, I agree. Fall has really kicked in already here in Belgium though.

3. Judy says:

I too like to hang on to summer as long as possible! But each season has it's beauty…and fall is spectacular.

4. Carrie, RtK says:

Well, at least when you do give in, it seems gracious enough. šŸ˜‰

5. Bev K says:

I love your new look and your pictures are gorgeous as always. My sister and her husband spent part of their holiday in PEI this summer and now I want to go even more! I also love the way your find quotes from "Anne" to suit your theme.

6. Lorna says:

Love the autumn pictures – just beautiful. Except for allergies, I LOVE this time of year. Love to all …

Ahh yes we are seeing "the change" here too. Love the Anne quote. I just ordered the soundtrack form the Anne movie and have been enjoying it so much.

8. Carrie, RtK says: