Hi and welcome to

Lovely new Friday Fave Five button Suzanne!!

Sorry, I can’t keep with your fall theme this week,  (well to be honest, I shouldn’t say sorry – because I’m not one tiny bit sorry! šŸ™‚

because yesterday, summer decided to return to the Island for a little visit.

Glorious blue sky and a soft warm breeze with a temperature in the mid-20s C (75- 80F)

Sophie and I did the only sensible thing when you live surrounded by the sea. We packed the car and headed to the shore.

T

he shore road was “woodsy and wild and lonesome.” On the right hand, scrub firs, their spirits quite unbroken by long years of tussle with the gulf winds, grew thickly. On the left were the steep red sandstone cliffs, so near the track in places that a mare of less steadiness than the sorrel might have tried the nerves of the people behind her.

Down at the base of the cliffs were heaps of surf-worn rocks or little sandy coves inlaid with pebbles as with ocean jewels; beyond lay the sea, shimmering and blue, and over it soared the gulls, their pinions flashing silvery in the sunlight.

“Isn’t the sea wonderful?” said Anne, rousing from a long, wide-eyed silence

Anne of Green Gables ChV

A summery day at the shore on the very last day of Sept is such a gift.

Come unwrap it with Sophie and me!

1. steep red cliffs and white sandy coves

2. winding shoreline road

3. warm Gulf waters (how’s that for the end of Sept??)

4. dancing sunlight on sand and sea

5. rippling wave song

7. happy dog

8. happy me šŸ™‚

Thanks so much for coming by.

Hope your weekend  brims over with blessing!

PS ~ drop over to Living To Tell the Story and say hi to our lovely FFF hostess, Suzanne!

17 thoughts on “FFF ~ a gift

1. anneliese says:

We visited PEI many years ago … it really was like stepping into Anne of Green Gables! Just beautiful!

2. Sommer says:

I must be honest and say that I really am looking forward to fall….but, your words and pictures and the quote from Anne of Green Gables made me get a tad teary. Sounds like a most lovely day on the Island :-)Lots of love,Sommer

3. Judy says:

It doesn't get much lovelier than that! We enjoyed the gift of a few more days pf summer this week as well.

4. Willow says:

Oh, I was just soaking up all that beach time with you! A lonely winding path and undeserted beach is a true treasure!

5. Brenda says:

Nice you can still enjoy the water, I'm sure you don't have too many days left. Great pictures!

6. Laura says:

Love your photos! Thanks for sharing summer with us!!Have a great week ahead on the island!

Hi Kathie! Your return of summer looks gorgeous! And looks like you're not the only one to enjoy it. This week we had a little of everything. 113F on Monday, low 90s the next day or two, then thunder storms and hail today.

8. Mary Smith says:

It certainly looks like Autumn has arrived on your blog! It's beautiful! I adore seeing your PEI photos. What a place to live!

Beautiful… I'm glad you got some extra days of summer! :0)

10. Cindy says:

We are so lucky to be here on the Island. Today was my beach day, I strolled, picked sea glass, watched the dog, run back and forth. The gift! Waking up each day being here. I love your dog photo, he is captured in fun. Have a great weekend.

11. Umm, just lovely. Nature's bonus before those winter winds come calling.

12. Jerri says:

Only one word comes to mind: "heavenly."

13. Love the happy dog picture!! How cute is that!! šŸ™‚ And that shoreline is gorgeous, those red cliffs contrasted with the sandy beach is so enticing!Thanks for posting such lovely pics! šŸ™‚

14. Barbara H. says:

What a special gift, especially at this time of year! I am trying not to envy! šŸ™‚ Love the doggie pic — ours won't go near the water.

15. melli says:

Oh! WHAT a gift!!! I'm sO glad you were able to accept it graciously and with so much JOY!!! A day made JUST for YOU! šŸ™‚

16. I love how you take advantage of living near the water. What a blessing! I love your pictures, as always. I admit Iā€™m glad you had the thermometer picture; Iā€™m too used to Fahrenheit scale so when you said ā€œ20ā€™sā€, I thought how cold! Ha.

So gorgeous, Kathie! This last week has had Indian summer arrive in my neck of the woods. It actually got to 27-28* here the other day. But in the overnight you can definitely tell fall has arrived. The picture of the dog enjoying the water made me smile!