My  band boys, Robbie and John, are on their way to the northernmost settlement in Canada  to play for the troops at Canadian Forces Station Alert

The base is on the northern tip of Ellesmere Island – latitude 82.5°N – just 834 kilometres (518 mi) from the North Pole.

Look how far away from the Island it is.  Farther than my blogging buddies out on the west coast!

So far that even Google can’t find the way . . . (Google Map, you disappoint me!:)

Just think . . . only 500 or so miles from the North Pole!

Which has me wondering – who are they really going to visit??

I know they said they were going up North to play for the troops,

but,

we all know who else lives up there  . . .

I’m looking forward to the pictures and the stories when they get home!

Happy weekend!

9 thoughts on “adventures

1. Jerri says:

Goodness! I'm much closer to PEI than they will be when they get the North Pole, er… I mean to Nunavit. 😉

2. Lorna says:

Wow – what a trip. I hope I get to hear some of those stories :>). Lots of love,

3. Niki says:

What a wonderful thing to do…playing for the troops at Christmas….if that is in fact who they are playing for…(as you mentioned) I would be deeply suspicious….blessings,Niki

4. Beth says:

Wow! That's pretty exciting! Hope they get to see you know who ; )

5. Joanne says:

Unbelievable! They have been everywhere but that surely is the farthest away!I hope they enjoy all of their experiences…such opportunities!Hugs to their mom:)Joanne

Wow, that is f-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-r! And what's a little side visit to You Know Who?

Well, I hope they see Santa since they'll be THAT close! What a good work your boys are doing!Jody

8. jill says:

I can't wait either! This is exciting news!

Good for them for playing for the troops. Yikes that's way up there!!