Why hello there!

I was hoping you would drop over πŸ™‚

Welcome to the almost Christmas edition of Suzanne’s weekly blessing list!

It’s that time of year – so many fun things to do and not quite enough time to fit it all in!

But we do our best πŸ™‚

Here are the highlights of the week.

1. Celebrating the birthday boy! Robbie with his sweet girlfriend, Dorothy.

(Overblown with the flash so I opted for sepia)

A lovely meal and a noisy rousing game of Pit!

2. The returning band boys regaled us with lots of stories about the far north.

Those first three pictures are daytime shots. Note those temperatures – Brrr!

It was cold and dark in Alert but the boys received a very warm welcome from the troops and the meteorologists stationed there.

and look what else they discovered!

Aha! I knew there was an ulterior motive to that trip! πŸ™‚

3. And speaking of that jolly old elf, look what else happened this week!

My beloved and his exercise buddies entered the 2nd Annual Santa Claus Run. There were 130 Santas running through the streets of Charlottetown. A lot of fun! The run was 5 kilometers and Roger’s time was 25 min 30 sec. A personal best. The run raised $8000 for needy families this Christmas.

4. In other news, our three uni students, James, Nora and Sarah, finished their exams this week. What a relief and a job well done!! Roger and I are so proud of them.

5. Our Sunday School children put on a wonderful Christmas pageant last Sunday – too bad I forgot my camera. But, I’ll leave you with another sweet children’s version of the Christmas Story that I discovered online.

Don’t forget to pause the music in the sidebar.

Enjoy!

Well . . . that’s it for my Friday Faves this week. I have a few other things I need to do today – bake, wrap and make a spaghetti supper for our youth group lock-in!

A walk has to be added sometime today though. The sun is finally shining! That hasn’t happened for quite a while on the Island. We’ve had wind, clouds and rain with not a fleck of snow! I guess all of it fell in Ontario and Alberta this week – not to mention the mid-western States!!

Sarah and I are keeping our fingers crossed for a white Christmas. Someone else, we won’t mention names, is just as happy to get into the woods to cut firewood without wading through snowdrifts. πŸ™‚

Thank you so much for dropping in to visit this week.

Hope your week is filled to the brim with blessings!

19 thoughts on “Friday Fave ~ Celebrations!

1. Josie Ray says:

A merry Christmas to you!

2. Melissa says:

What a fun week! Thanks for sharing your stories and your pictures!Hope you got your baking, wrapping, and cooking finished!

Love the running Santas! Too fun. Glad it was nice weather for them.I can hardly believe those "north" pics were taken in the daylight. What an experience that would be.

4. Barbara H. says:

Love the Santa run! That must've been fun to see!Hope you get some snow!

So does that mean Santa's lost his chubby profile? I can't believe those "daytime" photos…Have fun on your bake day. And happy birthday to Robbie!

6. Willow says:

Did the band boys help build toys or take toys away? I'm sure many children would love to know exactly where that work shop is.I"m wishing for a White Christmaas for you.Enjoy your weeks with the uni kids home.

7. anneliese says:

What fun to stumble upon Santa's workshop in the far north?The running santas is a fun picture too. How do parents explain more than one Santa to their kids?The truth might just come out .. .

8. Lorna says:

Thanks for all the information Kathie … wow, busy, busy, busy! See you soon – Lorna :>)

9. That is quite a variety of pictures this week. A fun week all around. We have a wee bit of snow on the ground and it's very cold but the sun did shine for a few hours today too. Enjoy your weekend with the locked-in youth! That shoud be fun. Blessings, Pamela

10. Faith! Oh dear – I'm visual! πŸ™‚

11. faith says:

SOunds like you had a great week full of special moments! (your son is quite handsome, too!!)Now here in Albany NY guys do something similar but it always is rather….well…um…interesting: they run through downtown Albany (our state capital, mind you) doing what is called the Santa Speedo Run. Yes. Speedos. On men with the santa claus belly. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. lol…(no my hubby does not partake in this)And..the pic you commented on with the morning sky was taken from photobucket. We don't have much snow here at all altho the western and central parts of NY have 3 feet!!Enjoy your weekend and have a Merry Christmas if I don't get back on here before then!

12. What interesting pictures you have! So that’s where Santa’s workshop is. I need to put in an order. Ha. The Santa Claus Run looks like so much fun. What a great cause too.

13. susan says:

Love the idea of a Santa run and for such a needed cause. The Christmas Story video was precious. Thanks for sharing. Have a Merry Christmas. Our Christmas certainly wan't be white (in CA) but I hope you get your wish. πŸ™‚

14. I love the Santas! One of them appears to be wearing a Hannah Montana wig… LOL

Marvelous post with such fun photos and experiences to share! I saw that video on facebook and had to re-post it. Too cute! Glad your boys are back from the north pole. :0)

16. Judy says:

How fun to see a parade of Santa's running through the town! Good exercise…good motives…and good results. Hope you get out there to enjoy a walk in the sun today.

17. Jerri says:

I'm glad the band boys found Santa's workshop … I've been wondering about that … :)Kudos to Roger in finishing his race in a Santa suit, no less!THANK YOU for sharing that adorable children's video about the Christmas story. I adored it – seriously, I laughed and cried both! I have to think that Jesus smiled when He saw it too.

What festive pics this week! I think Robbie looks a bit taken by Dorothy (she's cute!)! The pics of the North Pole are sobering and the Santa Run is really fun to see! What a great project for your community. I'm thinking of baking a lasagna today! Snow is lightly falling here, but most of it is gone from the ground except where the drifts lay.Happy Celebrating!Jody

19. Cindy says:

The Santa's are a hoot, congrats to them for raising money for others at this time of year.I will wish along with the two of you for a white Christmas while others want it to hold off.I don't know though, with the way the sun is shining this morning – nice day.