Welcome to the weekly blessing list kindly hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell The Story.

Thanks Susanne!

A full and lovely week here on my Island home . . .

1. A day with the fam ~ the band boys home from a tour in Ontario and Italy – a Father’s Day, a sweet dil’s birthday and welcome home party rolled up in one! Steak and salmon barbeque, new beets and potatoes, spinach salad and chocolate-dipped strawberries and cherries . . . then an afternoon at the beach!

with reading, football,

and lots of laughter!

2. A daughter who loves sunsets as much as I do – comes home from a 9 hour workday at the restaurant and calls in the door “Hurry Mom! We have to drive down to the park and catch this sunset!”

and the same spot, another sunset, on a hazy evening . . .

3. Prince Edward Island’s summer wildflowers ~ drive the Island’s country roads with your car windows down and breathe in sweet clover’s fragrance.

or walk along a beach and inhale the wild rose perfume

or beachpea blooms

4. And it doesn’t matter if the day is grey, a girls’ day is always an adventure! More on that to come . . .

5. And speaking of adventures . . .

I’ll have to tell you about crystal clear waters and hidden coves and driftwood beachfires.

And I can’t forget the new s’mores idea. So good!

6. And yes, I know we’re all about favourite 5s here at FFF, but I made a promise last week to do a bookish post,

and I truly meant to keep it .  . .

but when you live on an Island and the sun shines . . .

well . . .

I’ll leave you with this picture to whet your appetite for the upcoming post.

and another promise to talk about the STACK of books I have waiting in my library pile.

Happiest of Fridays to you my favourite blogging friends!

20 thoughts on “Friday Faves

1. Island of the World was the best book I've read this summer AND when I finished I wanted to read it over again.SO , so good. It's long but an amazing story.

Perfect summer scenes, Kathie — sunshine and gorgeous sunsets!

What a great week you've had. Nothing better than family and celebrations. Life's joy for sure! The sunset pics are amazing and now I'm craving roasted marshmallows. I think I'll be making a trip to the store after church though I'll have to settle for mine being cooked over the bbq on the deck and not on a lovely beach.

4. Jientje says:

ooooh, what beautiful sunsets you had! Friends and family, laughter, sunshine and barbecues on the beach, what a lovely week you had!

5. susan says:

Hi Kathie, Lots to be grateful for: outings with friends in hats, s'mores (there's a new idea?) and laughter with family. Of course any day that ends in watching the sunset with a daughter is bound to bring gratitude. Thanks for sharing your week with photos and words. Blessings for another special week.

6. Deb says:

Hi Kathie ~ I'm catching up on ten posts piled up this evening…..beautiful photos, and I enjoyed getting to see your royal watching, strawberry canning, and all the lupines! I had an enjoyable blog read! Thanks!

7. Willow says:

It's wonderful to have your boys (and others) home for a bit! That's the best part although the beach parties and barbeques run a closer second, or maybe the wildflowers are second, or the kayaking, or–all of it~Have a happy weekend!

8. Barbara H. says:

Those sunset on the water photos are gorgeous. As are the flowers. Glad everyone had a fun time together!

Oh how lovely to have your boys around and beach weather at the same time! Looking forward to your adventure with the girls…

10. Laura says:

I've never heard of Beachpeas. They look like sweet peas! This looks like a wonderful family time.Oh, those sunsets. Just lovely. And I love the smore!Have a great week ahead.

11. Thank you for sharing all of the beauty of Prince Edward Island in the summer. I love that you squeeze every drop of joy out of life, and share some with us, too. 🙂

12. Susan says:

It's all so beautiful. I love how you really *live* and *enjoy* where God has you. And I'm jealous. . .Susan

Nothing better than being with family.Those sunsets….oh MY!The kyak is out! Fun!Jody

14. Joyce says:

Just beautiful! Thank you.

15. marg says:

It's always fun to see what's happening at your Island…from Prince Andrew and Kate, to sunsets, and kyaks and beaches..My island at home keeps me hopping with loads of action this summer…but it's all fun.

16. Hi Kathie, your photos are beautiful. I love the sunset ones! It looks like you have had a full and fun week. Enjoy the weekend too!Blessings, Pamela

17. Kim says:

Your sunset photos are breathtakingly beautiful.

18. Willow says:

20. Joyce says:

Just beautiful! Thank you.