Welcome to the weekly blessing list kindly hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell The Story.
A full and lovely week here on my Island home . . .
1. A day with the fam ~ the band boys home from a tour in Ontario and Italy – a Father’s Day, a sweet dil’s birthday and welcome home party rolled up in one! Steak and salmon barbeque, new beets and potatoes, spinach salad and chocolate-dipped strawberries and cherries . . . then an afternoon at the beach!
with reading, football,
and lots of laughter!
2. A daughter who loves sunsets as much as I do – comes home from a 9 hour workday at the restaurant and calls in the door “Hurry Mom! We have to drive down to the park and catch this sunset!”
and the same spot, another sunset, on a hazy evening . . .
3. Prince Edward Island’s summer wildflowers ~ drive the Island’s country roads with your car windows down and breathe in sweet clover’s fragrance.
or walk along a beach and inhale the wild rose perfume
or beachpea blooms
4. And it doesn’t matter if the day is grey, a girls’ day is always an adventure! More on that to come . . .
5. And speaking of adventures . . .
I’ll have to tell you about crystal clear waters and hidden coves and driftwood beachfires.
And I can’t forget the new s’mores idea. So good!
6. And yes, I know we’re all about favourite 5s here at FFF, but I made a promise last week to do a bookish post,
and I truly meant to keep it . . .
but when you live on an Island and the sun shines . . .
well . . .
I’ll leave you with this picture to whet your appetite for the upcoming post.
and another promise to talk about the STACK of books I have waiting in my library pile.
Happiest of Fridays to you my favourite blogging friends!