Hi everyone and a very warm welcome to
It’s time to remember the blessings, highlights and favourite moments of the week. Susanne and friends are sharing over at Living To Tell The Story. Why don’t you join us?
This week I have a few promises to keep from past FFFs.
Like books and sweet treats and girls’ fun.
1. Let’s begin with my book list. I have too many good books from the library these past few weeks. (is that possible??) I requested some of them weeks ago and they all came at once. And a few of them are are very thick!! I don’t like to speed read especially if it’s a book to savour – like . . .
- Island of the World. Lovely with a capital L!
- Elizabeth Goudge’s Damerosehay triology – a re-read of 3 all-time favourites
- Another Goudge trilogy waiting in the wings – Three Cities of Bells
- Just finished a re-read of Linnets and Valerians – delicious!! (can you tell I’m a Goudge fan?!)
- Reading The Mysterious Howling – not crazy about it.
- Waiting in the library stack –
- The Incredible Journey (saw the movie- never read the book)
- Mere Christianity (read it before – lost my copy – want to read it again and will probably order it from my favourite online bookstore
- Airs Above The Ground by Mary Stewart – I don’t know if it will be good or not. Found a recommendation online
- The Buffalo Knife by William Steele (children’s book – looks good) Update – not that great…
- Miss Bunting by Angela Thirkell – also looks very good.
What have you been reading lately? I’ll add it to my tbr list.
2. A few details about our girls’ day out – we had a lovely lunch, time on the beach, even a dress up time at the dollar store 🙂
and a visit to the talented Susan Christensen‘s art gallery. CLick on her link to see some lovely Island scenes.
3. Did I promise a sweet treat recipe? Yes m’am! Here it is – step by step.
- build a driftwood campfire
- Toast a marshmallow
- Bring this type of cookie – yummy shortcake base with milk chocolate top.
My kayaking buddy brought them and I can’t remember the name. But oh. my! they are so good. And then you don’t have to bring chocolate. Saves a step.
- Let the chocolate melt in the hot sun.
- carefully place toasted marshmallow on cookie – slightly trickier than it looks!
- Enjoy! This is my new favourite s’more recipe.
4. It’s the season of showers! Wedding that is. We had a lovely shower for my almost daughter-in-law this week and a family one is planned for her next week! I won’t forget my camera next time . . .
5. And finally, a perfect beach day with my sister this week – the best of the summer so far.
It seems like yesterday that my own little ones played here.
I know it won’t be long, Lord willing, before I’ll bring little ones to the beach again.
I’m looking forward to that day!!
~ ~ ~ ~
Thanks so much for coming by this week.
Hope you enjoyed your visit!
May your weekend be filled with summer joys!