A little wave and friendly hello to my favourite blogging buddies!
Things are quiet here on A Sparrow’s Home ~ but things are hopping at our IRL home!
We’re busy as the proverbial bee!
This Saturday 180 plus people arrive for a grand celebration – our son Robbie and his so-dear-to-us fiancée, Dorothy, will be married. Wedding in the backyard – a catered reception in the front yard under a huge tent.
Here’s the done, and still to-do, list:
- hosted the MacPhee family wedding shower – such fun! (pictures to come)
- baking, baking, baking! (some lovely new recipes! I promise to share 🙂
- planning a “rustic” dessert bar – something like this (I hope!!)
- cooking (30 plus for the rehearsal dinner on Thurs. – a cold plate)
- trimming the flowerbeds and garden (in between rain showers)
- replacing the platform under the woodstove (ahem . . .perhaps not the best week but there you go! I just thought I’d add to the general commotion 🙂
- painting (entryway, deck and barn finished – some trim yet to do – we need sun!)
- getting the guestroom ready (oldest son Andrew and sweet wife Hyekoo arrive home Thurs. Yay!)
- generally trying to keep calm and rested 🙂 (prayer and a quiet time in the morning makes for a peaceful start to every day. The Lord doesn’t mind the little details. It makes me happy to think that His very first recorded miracle was at a wedding. At His mother’s request! Isn’t that a comfort to every mother’s heart!)
I think Roger and I must have the best friends in the world! We really do. We have so much help. From hosting showers, to making desserts and salads, to loaning straw bales and trucks to deliver them, to lending cake plates and pearls, to cooking mussels (in a chef’s hat and apron no less), to helping set and serve the rehearsal party, volunteering to clean for me (God bless her!!) to making flower centerpieces, to plan and set up the dessert table . . . the list goes on.
We’re so thankful to the Lord for loving family and friends.
If you think of us, please lift up a little prayer. I’d be so grateful!
with love and thanks for you,
PS ~ if the sun shines this week? Then I’ll add going to the beach for a quick swim to that list.
Must keep our priorities straight 🙂