Hello everyone and a warm welcome to Friday’s Fave Five! It’s a blustery, wet morning here on Prince Edward Island. The last few days we enjoyed some lovely, summery days, but the weather has definitely turned fall-like this morning!
I don’t mind ~ the rest of the household are off to work and school and it’s cosy here in the kitchen with a cup of hot coffee on the little table by my chair, Sophie sleeping on her bed and Mila keeping an eye on the bird feeders through the window 🙂
Let me pour you a cup of coffee. I made some best ever banana bread this week. Have a piece (or two!)
There! Now that you’re all comfortable, I’ll share my five favourites this week.
1. An evening stroll on a beautiful countryside property.
through the fields,
to the pond, with the Sept. sun casting gold on the treetops and in the water.
Our dear friends, Gus and Karen, with Frankie and Bella. Gus is our walking miracle.
Such a lovely evening!
2. A girls’ day out at The Dunes – what a treat!
Lots of laughter, a delicious lunch, (I’ll have to remember pictures next time) and a wonderful stroll around their gorgeous gardens. I’m totally inspired to plant a cut flower garden next year!
3. Sitting out on the deck on a warm, summery night, with chirping crickets and a bright, full moon . . . in September. Bonus!
4. Tomatoes! Can anyone tell me what possessed inspired me to plant 11 tomatoes plants?? I read (too late!) that one tomato plant feeds a family of four . . .
My Roma tomato plants are loaded and so are my cherry tomatoes. Please give me ideas – your best salsa? You favourite tomato sauce? I’ve never put up tomatoes before but I will be this year!
5. Speaking of “putting up”, two batches of Nannie’s mustard pickles are done and two more are cut and brined, ready to boil and bottle this morning.
6. For a bonus favourite, I’ll leave you with a picture of Mila taking her morning bath.
Isn’t she a tidy kitty?
Mila in the morning light. 🙂
Well… hope you enjoyed your coffee, banana bread and Friday visit. I’m so glad you dropped in!
Come again next week ~ I’ll make some blueberry muffins for you 🙂