It’s Friday and time to count up the blessings with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
I missed the FFF party last week so I’m looking back over 2 weeks for my favourites.
1. First of all, Sarah, our birthday girl ~ she’s brought us 21 years of joy and counting! Love you to the moon and back sweetie!
2. The girlie’s birthday dessert request ~ raspberry trifle. A family favourite. Pretty, simple and delicious! I’ll post the recipe soon.
3. We had frost this week but my garden flowers survived. Last spring, I planted a packet of mixed seed flowers and I’m enjoying their beauty every day. But, I don’t know their names! I recognize nasturtium, bachelor buttons and lavatera, but the rest are mystery flowers to me.
4. Another favourite? Fall flavours.
A perfect fall combo – butternut squash, apple and pear soup.
No measurements – just put it all together with any variations you might like. I sauté onion and celery in a little olive oil. Add diced butternut squash, apples and pears. Pour in chicken stock til covered. Simmer until tender. Blend until smooth. Add some cream or milk, curry power, touch of brown sugar and a bit of butter. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and garnish with a swirl of sour cream. Yum!
5. A sunset beach walk with my beloved ~ the perfect way to end a lovely fall day.
Thanks for coming by for a Friday Fave visit.
Hope you have a great weekend!
with love and thanks for you,