It’s Friday and time to count up the blessings with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.

I missed the FFF party last week so I’m looking back over 2 weeks for my favourites.

1. First of all, Sarah, our birthday girl ~ she’s brought us 21 years of joy and counting! Love you to the moon and back sweetie!

2. The girlie’s birthday dessert request ~ raspberry trifle. A family favourite. Pretty, simple and delicious! I’ll post the recipe soon.

3. We had frost this week but my garden flowers survived. Last spring, I planted a packet of mixed seed flowers and I’m enjoying their beauty every day. But, I don’t know their names! I recognize nasturtium, bachelor buttons and lavatera, but the rest are mystery flowers to me.

4. Another favourite? Fall flavours.

A perfect fall combo – butternut squash, apple and pear soup.

No measurements – just put it all together with any variations you might like. I sauté onion and celery in a little olive oil. Add diced butternut squash, apples and pears. Pour in chicken stock til covered. Simmer until tender. Blend until smooth. Add some cream or milk, curry power, touch of brown sugar and a bit of butter. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and garnish with a swirl of sour cream. Yum!

5. A sunset beach walk with my beloved ~ the perfect way to end a lovely fall day.

Thanks for coming by for a Friday Fave visit.

Hope you have a great weekend!

with love and thanks for you,

16 thoughts on “Friday’s Fave

1. Bea says:

Just love your site Kathie! The photos are just gorgeous! Makes me what to celebrate October even on a cool wet dreary day!

2. anneliese says:

Happy Birthday to forever 21! Love the cake and will look for the recipe. .. and the soup looks delish… will have to try that. The flower mix you planted is beautiful too.

3. susan says:

Thanks so much for sharing your soup idea, Kathie.. It looked so good and sounded so easy to make that I tried it too. Soooo delish. I never would have thought of putting pears in my soup. I added tomatoes, carmalized onions and garlic. I've never been able to make tasty soup, but this one is TASTY. It will be on my FFF this coming Friday.

Beautiful daughter, beautiful flowers — love the beauty in your week. As for the flower names, here are a few I know:1. top left is scarlet flax2. top right is possibly four-o'clock3. bottom middle is probably callendula

5. Willow says:

Beautiful photos, Kathie. Even the soup looks too good to eat!Happy Birthday to your to the moon and back girl!

6. Laura says:

Happy birthday to your girl! The raspberry trifle looks wonderful. And the flowers are just lovely! Have a great week.

Wonderful favorites Kathie. Happy 21st birthday to your sweet girl!

8. Barbara H. says:

Happy birthday belatedly to your daughter! That rifle looks delicious.Those flowers are gorgeous. My f-i-l used to have mixed flowers along one side of his back fence. So pretty and cheery.Love the sunset picture!

9. Julia says:

The desert looks delicious and the soup sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing the how to on the soup. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Such a beautiful young lady!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I know mine will be that age before I know it.Those flowers are gorgeous and that dessert looks YUMMY! Have a great weekend!

11. Gattina says:

Happy belayed birthday ! the raspberry trifle looks delicious, it's a pity I can't take it out of the screen !

Oh that sunset is breathtaking! And happy birthday to your daughter. The dessert she picked looks delicious. I'm drooling as I type!

13. Happy belated birthday to Sarah. She's beautiful. The dessert looks amazing. Your flowers still look beautiful too! The sunset picture makes me wish I could pop myself there right now. Have a great weekend, Kathie!(Hope this comment doesn't show up 3 times! Everytime I hit "Create post" it would say "unable to post" so I'm assuming it won't change its mind, now that this is my third attempt. ha.)

14. Great pics today Kathie! The soup and trifle sound delicious. We haven't had frost here yet ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you have a lovely weekend though I think it'll be a wet one. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

15. Beth says:

Happy birthday to Sarah. What a great birthday dessert and that soup! Yum!

16. Hazel says:

What a lovely, colorful, yummy week! Happy birthday to your beautiful girl! And that's a glorious sunset you captured. Glad the walk was with your beloved.