1. First on the list this week ~ a wonderful Thanksgiving! A delicious dinner and then a new Thanksgiving tradition – a woods walk together.
It was getting a bit late so the light was not the best for pictures but as you can tell – there was lots of banter, running, climbing, hiding, jumping out and scaring people. It makes me SO happy when my children have fun together. The picture of Dorothy and Robbie on the top right is quite blurry but look at that newly wed husband’s face – such happiness! I had to include that sweet moment despite the blur.
2. We missed Andrew and Hyekoo but I’m thankful for Skype! We can see their faces and their smiles, talk, laugh and feel like we’re together, despite the wide ocean between us. Love to you both!
3. We’ve had a couple of frosty nights this week but my “Endless Summer” hydrangeas are living up to their name! They’ve been blooming since July
and are still going strong!
New buds are still appearing – and it’s the middle of Oct!
So lovely in the morning light.
4. Frosty nights = cosiness. Sophie is back in her favourite spot. I’m thankful for a hard-working, woodsman husband, a woodshed packed with lovely dry wood and a warm cosy kitchen!
5. Cosy meals are back on the menu too. This simple supper dish is perfect on a cool, autumn evening.
Brown hamburger, green pepper, garlic, onion and celery. Add cooked rotini or favourite pasta, tomato sauce with some Italian seasonings and cheese. Bake for 30 min. A family favourite.
Hope you enjoyed my favourites this week. Thanks for coming by!
I’ve been seriously hampered in taking fall pictures because my camera DIED. *sniff* I’m on the hunt for a new one so please, if you love your camera, let me know what kind you have and why you like it. I want one that takes good shots in low light – for indoor pictures. My Canon S5Is was wonderful for outdoor pictures but not so great indoors. If you have a moment, I’d appreciate your input. Thanks!