Hi there and welcome to Friday Fave Five – the November Treasure Hunt Edition #2.
Well . . . I expected that discovering November’s treasures would be quite a challenge.
Not this year. The weather has been most unusual and most welcome! 9 out of 10 November days have been sunny. Treasure hunting has been a breeze!
1. First things first ~ Nov 11th is Remembrance Day.
Later this morning, our community will gather at the cenotaph to honour our veterans and to treasure their sacrifice and the gift of freedom.
2. I especially remember my Dad on this day ~ he was a WW2 pilot ~ so young and handsome. I’m thankful he came home from the war when so many of his comrades didn’t. I treasure the gift of his love and all the sweet family memories.
3. I’ve been outside a lot this month – finding treasures in early morning watercolour skies to end of day splendour
4. Still blooming ~ now, isn’t that a November miracle?
5. Fields of gold in the late afternoon light.
The sun, low and slant, on winterberries
and now . . .
a special addition to my November treasure hunt.
I did a little Christmas shopping at 10,000 Villages last Friday ~ so many beautiful, unique crafts and treasures from all over the world.
We met one of the co-ordinators of the sale, a gentleman from Winnipeg by the name of Dan Block, who interestingly enough, was related to our Winnipeg Bible college professor by the same name – 3rd cousins.
He and Roger had a great chat while I browsed around.
Wait a minute . . . what is Roger holding so nicely for me while I take a picture?
Could it be??
Tucked under the potholders???
It is!! The Mennonite Girls Can Cook book!
I was so excited to see it right there in the centre of the book table!
If only I could have found a Mennonite girl or two (or ten!) to autograph it. 🙂
A wonderful cookbook – thank you girls! I’m enjoying it immensely.
And I’m so glad to know, that in a little way, I’m joining in your project to help feed hungry children.
Now that’s a treasure!
PS ~ for more Friday Favourites visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story.