Come along for a treasure hunt walk through a November wood.
1. Take a deep breath of fragrant ferns, crisp leaves and spicy evergreens. A heady scent!
2. Look up ~ there’s an occasional sugar maple and oak tree still shining gold but most of the trees are lifting skeletal arms up to the sky. There’s a beauty in that bareness if you choose to see it.
3. A little breeze is coming up ~ see the white birch bark curling and fluttering in the wind.
4. The Mountain Ash are loaded with bright red berries ~ the birds will be well-fed this winter.
5. A squirrel, busy in his winter gathering, stops for a moment to stare curiously at Sophie and me.
Then he scurries back up the tree to add another spruce cone to his winter stash.
Perhaps he knows what’s coming tomorrow
Periods of snow
Don’t worry little squirrel ~ we’re ready too!
A cosy fire, a pot of soup on the stove and a good book. Let it snow!
Thanks so much for dropping in to visit.
PS – for more Friday favourites, visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story.