Hello there and welcome to Friday’s Fave 5! So glad you could join me, and the Friday Favers, as we look back over the week and count the gifts.

1. A lovely gift ~ I’m leading a study with 18 women and we’re slowly, chapter by chapter, unwrapping Ann with a V’s book.

It’s my second time through the book and it’s so much richer with a group. The discussion is deep and challenging. My book is underlined and highlighted on every page!  I think it truly has life-changing potential . . . but only if put into practice.

2. Ahem! Practice . . . you may have noticed the Endless Gifts tag under my blog header.  I’ve been counting on and off  since 2009 – but more off than on. And that’s going to change!

I took the plunge
  • and bought a spiral bound journal (to lay flat and open for recording)
  • printed off my list (I wasn’t about to start at 1 again!)
  • glued them in my new journal
  • and I’m beginning again – this time the old-fashioned, accessible way with paper and pen
  • and with a team of 18 women for accountability and encouragement.

And the gift-counting is contagious! Roger and the staff at our church are starting a  list too.

3. Here’s one of the sweetest gifts!

That’s about the cutest little baby bump I’ve ever seen ~ but I may be wildly mildly prejudiced. I’ve been told that it’s a Nannie’s prerogative.  Happy, happy times!

4.  Kitty cuteness ~ Mila’s latest perch.

Mila’s stare in the third picture may, or may not, be due to a certain someone’s roar of unhappiness when that someone’s favourite hockey team lost.

Can you guess what team he cheers for? 🙂

5. And finally, I’d like to leave you with a little gift ~ my girl and her cousins singing “It Is Well With My Soul”. Sweet girls with sweet harmonies!

Thank you so much for dropping in to visit. For more Friday Fun, pop over to Susanne’s at Living To Tell The Story.

Hope your weekend overflows with gifts of every kind!

16 thoughts on “fff ~ counting gifts

1. Crystal says:

Beautiful singing and beautiful girls! You are going to LOVE being a grandmother. We have #7 and #8 coming in May and June. How in the world has this happened in 6 short years?! I wouldn't change it for a minute – God is so, so good to us!

2. I missed this post somehow and want to say congratulations to you on your future status as a Nannie! There is nothing like it that's for sure! I enjoyed the video of your daughter and nieces singing. Beautful. Blessings, Pamela

3. jill says:

Bump watching and ultrasound photos are my two favorite things right now!And kitties of course…so cozy in winter!

Sigh, I wish I could sing like that! Beautiful!So excited for you Nannie!

5. faith says:

One of my all time fave hymns!! beautiful girls with beautiful harmonies….and YAY for the ONe THousand gifts Book. I"ve read it twice now and a friend is borrowing it. I too have begun a journal but I need to do what you have done and take it, put it in an easier spiral one to stay open and do it the old fashioned way…i just have time on the computer that much anymore…and I like pen and paper…..and gluing in my photos……have fun with it…GOD IS GOOD!!

6. Laura says:

What a beautiful baby bump!! Yes, it is a nana's prerogative. Exciting!The harmonies are just beautiful. I'm working through Ann's book, too, and the idea of doing it with friends is a great one. Have a great week ahead!

7. Lorna says:

LOVED the girls singing … I listened for awhile and then I just had to join in. :>) Enjoy every minute of being a Nana even before he or she is born. Lots of love sent your way.

8. anneliese says:

First time I peeked at your list … I love it. Thanks for the challenge. Maybe that will be a New Year's relolution. I'm enjoying the book too andtaking notes in a notebook. Beautiful trio too! Thank you.

9. Lisa notes says:

I love Ann's book too. I need to re-read it already. So meaty. Love the baby bump. Such a miracle!Your daughter and nieces sound beautiful. Very impressed!

10. Judy says:

Beautiful song…beautiful harmony! I know what tune will be running through my mind today…and it's a good thing. I see there is much to be thankful for over there…and to look forward to.

11. Beth says:

Love the kitty and the music – just beautiful. And yes, Nannie, you're allowed to be wildly prejudiced : )

12. Lovella says:

KathieI am up first here in the house. It is dark and I listened to that old favorite hymn in the dark. I smiled at their eye contact and then closed my eyes and let the words and the beautiful harmony wash over me. Thank you for sharing. I'll listen to it again in the next days. I love that baby bump! It is ever so precious and you absolutely should think it beautiful.I am working through the book too and also think I should scrap my online version of a list which I put private because it was not ever updated and get myself a gratitude journal too. Something still work best the old fashioned way.Love to you today.

13. Islandsparrow says:

ha ha Ellen – an early comment – I can tell you're on the east coast!! xo

Beautiful harmony! The kitty is really cracking me up. What fun anticipation for that bump to get bigger and for you to hold that grand babe in your arms!!

15. I missed this post somehow and want to say congratulations to you on your future status as a Nannie! There is nothing like it that's for sure! I enjoyed the video of your daughter and nieces singing. Beautful. Blessings, Pamela

16. faith says: