12 thoughts on “curtain call

1. Joy says:

In Edmonton in 1968, when I was in grade nine we put on the play for the Sound Of Music. The nuns from the Academy Assumption lent us the habits and came to show us how to wear them. I'm not sure who had more fun, the nuns or us getting to wear real habits.. and none of us were even Catholic. I hope your daughter has as much fun as we had when we did it. The music is lovely, the story is delightful.. and what an early Christmas treat for you !! I still sing Rex Admirabilis and it is still the only latin I know. Sadly I lost the sheet music for it long ago.

2. Nan says:

SO exciting, Kathie! Maybe someone will make a you tube of her. Did you see the faux comment just before mine?

3. marg says:

Please get me some tickets. I am in!!

4. Lovella says:

OH . ..shall I catch a flight? It sounds ever so wonderful. Big sigh! All the best!

Bet you are all pretty excited! Just saw this film again the other night.

6. How wonderful! That has to be one of my favorite musicals too. I remember my best girlfriend and I listening to the LP in her living room and singing along with the music back in 1972! Enjoy!

7. andylynne says:

I love your blog, I come and lurk often. I love the sound of music, what fun having someone you know in a production. Good times stage plays are always full of energy and connection I think. I also liked you last post about the 1000 gifts. I'm giving my sisters the book for christmas. I'm hoping we can cometogether as a group and do what your doing with your 18 ladies.

8. I was just thinking (and humming songs from) this movie yesterday. Must be the frosty air. Hope the show is a hit!

9. Judy says:

Oh, how fun! Wish I could take in a performance.

I love Sound of Music! I took K to a live performance years ago and it was wonderful. Sarah will make an awesome Liesel!

Oh what fun! We love the Sound of Music!

12. How wonderful! That has to be one of my favorite musicals too. I remember my best girlfriend and I listening to the LP in her living room and singing along with the music back in 1972! Enjoy!