Hi everyone and welcome to Friday’s Fave Five.
I’m thankful for so many things especially this time of year. It’s impossible to count them all. But here are a few favourites.
1. The annual Santa Claus race. My beloved ran 5k in 23 min! And they raised $10,000 for needy families on the Island.
2. Cookies are baked! Plum puddings are all done. Cranberry sauce and salsa are cooling in the fridge.
3. Christmas cactus blooming just in time.
4. Decorations are hung.
4. Wrapping is (almost!) done.
5. So many lovely traditions coming up ~ Christmas Eve candlelight service, the family and friends gathering here for chowder and carol singing, Christmas morning service and then a Christmas feast in the evening. Skyping with Andrew and Hyekoo – oh how we’ll miss them! but thanks to Skype, we’ll touch screen faces and send love across an ocean! On Boxing Day we’ll gather with the extended family for an evening of food, stories and lots of laughter.
And look what we woke to this morning. Sarah calls it “The beautiful kind of snow . . .”
Thanks so much for coming by to say hello. I’m grateful for each of you.
A very Merry Christmas and many, many blessings in 2012!
PS – for more Friday faves visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story. Thanks Susanne for hosting each week!