Hi there and welcome to Friday’s Fave Five.
Susanne and the Fivers are counting weekly blessings. Come join in at Living To Tell The Story.
1. Well . . . we’re doing our best to have some winter fun but Mr. Weatherman has not been the most cooperative. It hasn’t been very wintery around here. From snow to ice pellets to rain – then repeat. That’s been the weatherstory this January.
And my poor little snowgirl is feeling the effects.
but Mila and I have high hopes for our ice mandalas.
The temperature is dropping tonight so they should freeze and be hanging from our tree branches tomorrow – just like these. Of course, it’s supposed to snow, then ice pellets, then rain – but hope springs eternal.
2. Look who came back to the feeder for a visit. A Northern Flicker – we haven’t seen one since last Jan.
3. I had a little beach time with my beach buddy this week.
We hiked over the ice and spent a little time with our faces turned to the sun. There actually was some warmth in the winter rays.
yes . . . when it comes to beachtime, we’re hardcore. 🙂
4. This horse with the soul deep eyes. I don’t know what it is about this picture – but whenever I scroll down to it, I have to stop and take a long, slow gaze into his eyes. I think we’re in love 🙂
5. Yummy, healthy cauliflower/carrot soup. So tasty! I added less water and some lowfat milk. Don’t forget the nutmeg – it makes this soup.
Served in a mug with a little cheddar cheese on top – perfect on a chilly winter night.
Hope you stay warm and cosy this weekend!
Thanks so much for coming by a visit.