Count your blessings, name them one by one
Count your blessings, see what God has done.
That’s the theme song of Susanne and the Friday’s Fave Five gang. You can learn all about this weekly meme at Living To Tell The Story.
1. I’ve been sick for a good part of this week. And where’s the blessing in that, you may ask??
Well . . . my new best friends. They’ve been here day and night for me 🙂
My electric blanket – perfect for chills and achy bones.
2. A husband who brings home spring sweetness to cheer me up.
3. Sleeping was bit of a challenge this week, but I found a blessing there too. I got up for a drink early one morning and caught this gorgeous sunrise – it only lasted a few moments and then the sky turned dull grey.
4. Today I’m returning to the land of the living. And do you know how I can tell? Because I started to get creative in the kitchen. I always know I am beginning to recover when I start to pull out the measuring cups and mixing bowls.
And here’s the result. A very simple soup.
Dice up butternut squash, apples and onions, cover with chicken or vegetable broth, boil til tender. Blend. Add nutmeg. sea salt and freshly ground pepper. And a dash or two of milk (or cream). A dab of butter tops it off beautifully. So good!
and this chocolate cake which still needs to be iced. I ran out of steam.
5. Sarah brought home my final fave and they really should be outlawed. Banned! Forbidden!! I mean it!
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips?
Smooth sweet chocolate on crunchy salty chips – ridiculous! Who thought of this crazy combination?
Mm mmm! Somebody pretty clever, that’s who!
Well . . . that’s my five for this week. Hope you enjoyed them!
We finally had some snow this week and the sun is coming out tomorrow. I’m planning to wrap up warmly and head out to get some sun sparkling on snow pictures – at last!!
Thanks for dropping in for a visit.