It’s Friday and time for saying thanks with Susanne at Living To Tell The Story.
1. Roger and I had appointments in Halifax on Monday – the day after a nasty ice-storm.
The sky was lovely and clear but everything was still coated with ice.
The roads were probably the worst we’ve ever travelled on.
So thankful we made the trip safely – we just drove slowly – which helped for the “through the car window” photo shoot!
2. Healthy and tasty suppers that are quick to throw together ~ like this stir-fry veggie, egg and cheese dish.
3. A favourite new muffin that I showed you last week. Here’s the recipe as promised.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (more or less)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup almond flakes (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries (optional)
Blend the wet ingredients – add the dry. Don’t overmix. Bake at 350 until golden. Makes around 14- 18 muffins. This recipe is not an exact one. I shift it up every time I make it. Almonds one time – raisins the next – all milk one time – yogurt and milk the next time. But it always turns out. Very moist and delicious!
PS – a little update on the muffins. If you leave yogurt out – add 2/3 cup milk. I add the Greek yogurt to really load up the protein content – there’s 18 gm of protein in a serving of Greek yogurt. So good for you!
4. A sweet hubby and dad who always remembers both his girls on Valentine’s day.
Beautiful spring-time colours!
Makes my heart happy.
5. A lovely woods walk. Later this morning I’m heading back to this trail with my brother and another friend.
Such a quiet and peaceful place.
My brother is an avid birder – I’m the camera-woman – we’re on the lookout for one of these.
My camera batteries are all charged. Hope we find one!! I’ll let you know if we’re successful.
Well, that’s it for my fff this week. Hope you enjoyed your visit! Thanks so much for coming by.