Josephine Mae MacPhee; born Good Friday, April 6 at 7:49am, weighing 6.7 lbs, eighteen inches long.

“Josie” named after her great-grandmother (my mom) Leona Josephine Trainer. She would be so proud of her little great-granddaughter!

Leona Josephine Trainer and Peter Sinclair ~ wedding day, 1945

Josie and Auntie Sarah

Baby Josie is still in the hospital until she gains a bit more weight. But hopefully, she’ll be discharged this Wed.

And we’re going to spend the day together with mama, while Daddy is off to the ECMAs this Thursday. Paper Lions are up for 3 awards this year.

The best of times!

16 thoughts on “Presenting

1. karyn says:

Congratulations!!!!!! How exciting – and a perfect, tiny bundle she is. Love the name Josie. ENJOY, Gramma!

2. Bev K says:

Congratulations Kathie and Roger! She's a beautiful child with a lovely old fashioned name. A wise and godly preacher once asked us "What is the most important thing you can give to a new baby?" After the usual answers; 'love', a godly upbringing', a happy home etc., he beamed at us and said "A hearty welcome!" So,"Welcome, little Josie Mae!"

3. jill says:

My grandmother's middle name was Mae…I have always thought it was sweet and simple. Gosh Josie looks tiny. What a wonderful month of celebrations on many levels

4. Sommer says:

Congratulations! What a little beauty πŸ™‚

5. anneliese says:

Congratulations! What a pretty name … and such a beutiful baby!!

6. Lovella says:

Wee Josie is beautiful! Congratulations and God's Blessings on this child. I love her name and the story of it. I would think you are pretty much just glowing with your son up for awards and the new babe.

7. I love Josie's name! She is a beauty. I hope Paper Lions does well at the ECMA's. What an exciting week for you! Many blessings! Hugs, Pamela

How sweet it is! I know you are enjoying every bit of it. Blessings…

CONGRATS and welcome to the Granny Club! (it's a fine club too)Li'l Josie is so sweet! I'm fond of the name because my husbands great grandma was named Josie and she lived to be 102 years old and was a lovely woman. All the best to Josie and her mommy and daddy.

10. tonia says:

just stunning….so beautiful, k. (((you)))best of luck to the boys at the awards! do tell! I think I'm still a member of John's fanclub, so go team! πŸ™‚

11. Beth says:

I am so partial to names with connections! What a beautiful name for a precious little girl. Enjoy her, Kathie! I have no doubt you will.

12. Judy says:

Congratulations to all. A beautiful little grandgirlie…with the prettiest name!

13. Joanne says:

Perfect name! * Josie* That was my nickname! Such a perfect name for such a perfect little girl!Thanks for letting us know!Joanne

14. Di says:

What a marvelous name! Blessings on all of you.New life — what joy,Di

15. I love Josie's name! She is a beauty. I hope Paper Lions does well at the ECMA's. What an exciting week for you! Many blessings! Hugs, Pamela

How sweet it is! I know you are enjoying every bit of it. Blessings…