Hi there and welcome to this week’s edition of Friday’s Fave 5.

Susanne and the Fivers are counting their blessings – check them out at Living To Tell The Story.

Here are a few of my favourites this week.

1. A wonderful article: Your Children Want YOU!

There’s this crazy phenomenon going on right now. Good, devoted mothers get on Pinterest . . . and blogs . . . and Facebook . . . and Twitter . . . and then they flip through parenting magazines and TV channels (full of advertisements and media hype) . . . and they’re convinced they’re not enough.

A great reminder for moms (and newbie Nanas!)

2. A butterfly garden? Oh yes! I want one. Roger left me a little space in the vegetable garden for flowers. I’m hoping to pick up the bulbs for this arrangement. Won’t it be pretty?

3. Speaking of flowers, the crocuses are in full bloom! The springtime colour makes my heart happy!

4. Roger, Sarah and I were out for an evening stroll and looked up into the sky – and saw, not one, but two!

Zooming in with the new lens the kids gave me for Christmas. Very handy!

5. And best of all? My first time babysitting – Mommy ran an errand or two with her cell phone close by.

She looks pretty peaceful, doesn’t she? I love to watch her sleep.

Well . . .that’s my five this week. Thanks so much for dropping by.

Hope you have a happy weekend!

13 thoughts on “FFF ~ springtime pretty!

1. Willow says:

Oh that sweet sleeping baby! Love it!Great catch, too, on the photos of the eagles. I love the crocuses too–the purple is one of my favorite colors. And I agree on the butterfly garden too-it's something you should definitely plant!

Look at those eagles. How awesome is that and to get in so close with your lens! Love the colors of the butterfly garden. So pretty.First time babysitting, how exciting.

I half expected your fives to be full of little Josie 😉 Your skies look gorgeous with those eagles. Can't wait to see your new spring garden.

4. Brenda says:

That sleeping baby is precious! And I love the pictures you took with the new lense. Always something interesting here 🙂

5. Joanne says:

Beautiful, beautiful post! I especially love the last pic of little baby Josie…so precious and pretty in pink!Joanne

6. Laura says:

I love crocuses — put a picture of some on my post this week! Oh, that sleeping little one is precious. Enjoy the coming week!

7. Barbara H. says:

What a sweet Fave Five! Congratulations on your new granddaughter!I did read that post you mentioned in #1. Excellent.That butterfly garden arrangement looks attractive to humans as well as butterflies! What a neat idea.Love that zoom lens!

8. Faith says:

Oh what a precious baby…I"m assuming this is a granddaughter! Did I tell you that our niece from MA who is graduating from UMaine in a couple of weeks in pre-vet is going to some Vet grad place on your island?? she is most excited…and of course now I really wanna get up there! Your pics are lovely…..my crocuses bloomed too early….in our weird mild March and only lasted a day 😦 Enjoy getting that butterfly garden ready…we had one once at a school where I taught…it was loads of fun! Happy weekend

9. jill says:

Isn't that lens awesome? I love taking baby photos with it too…it makes the background softly blur and I can get a close up without getting close. Luke already furrows his brows when I hover in tight with the cameras…he doesn't do that when I just look at him up close without the camera. I did get a difuser bag to slip over the pop up flash. Hate to use the flash without it.

10. Gattina says:

How nice you could babysit for the first time ! My little grandson lives in Amsterdam and I don't have the opportunity to babysit, besides that, the parents are so overprotective they would be afraid that I murder the baby ! Although my son has survived my bringing him up, lol !

Ahh how sweet is that sleeping girl! Love it! You really saw some beautiful things. Yippee for that new lens!Have a wonderful weekend.

12. Marg says:

It looks like such a worthwhile pick…and the best was the lens photo of the little one sleeping. I'm so glad that you live close enough to see her often. I need to take some time to set up PINTerest! Checked through it, but I love that article you shared. I've never heard of a butterfly garden. sounds interesting.

13. Brenda says: