A lovely Friday morning to you all! I’m counting blessings with Susanne at Living To Tell The Story.
1. First on the list? Listening to my daughter, Sarah, speak at a Women’s Fellowship group. I know, especially as moms, that you will say amen with the apostle John who wrote ” I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” There is nothing sweeter to me. She is one of the leaders of our youth group and shared how the Lord is moving among the kids. It was a powerful testimony of His faithfulness.
2. Another blessing? Singing with her! I played the piano and led worship at the meeting and she made me sound a whole lot better by adding a beautiful harmony. Here she is singing with her cousins. I love their rendition of “It Is Well With My Soul”
Making music with my children is always at the top of my blessing list. In fact, it’s what I asked of all my kids for Mother’s Day. No presents please – just come out and sing. And maybe a campfire! That’s my idea of a perfect evening.
3. Speaking of singing – my band boys posted a youtube video of their song “Travelling” back in Dec 2007. I mentioned it before here on the blog. For some unknown reason traffic started to take off in Nov 2011 – they were getting anywhere from 4000 to 10,000 hits a day. And now they are almost at the One Million Mark! They’re hoping to hit it before the end of May and they’re planning a big celebration. So if you’ve never watched them before, here they are!
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched it – if repeat visitors were counted in the stats, they’d be well over a million!
4. Another blessing? Bright sunshiny days and soft rainy days. Everything is turning green and buds and blossoms are surprising me everyday. I feel so energized by the lovely weather. If I could, I’d be doing this…
Ah well . . . those days are gone. But I am doing this and it feels wonderful too!
It’s lovely to freshen things up in the house this time of year. Cupboards have been sorted and windows have been washed. Still a fair bit left to do but I made good progress this week.
5. For my 5th Friday Fave, I’d like to introduce you to a brand new blog – my girl is venturing into the blogging world. She’s a funny girl – note the sub-title? I probably should be nervous! *grin*
If you have a moment, pop over and welcome her. Thanks!
6. Here’s a bonus favourite this week. It’s hard for me to believe but this boy will graduate from university tomorrow!! Is it really possible??
Congratulations James!! We’re so proud of you and Nora (3rd year BN).
Thanks for visiting here at A Sparrow’s Home. Your lovely comments and cheery hellos always bless my day and make me smile.
Have a very Happy Mother’s Day this weekend! May your hearts be filled to overflowing with blessings.