It’s Friday and I’m counting blessings with Susanne at Living To Tell The Story. Lots of joys this week!
1. James’ graduation from UPEI – double major in Biology and English. We like to talk books and intricate body functions. 🙂 Even though he’s through at UPEI, he’s not done studying yet. He’s preparing to write his Medcats this summer and, hopefully, he’ll be accepted into Medical School in 2013 – when Nora finishes her Nursing degree. They are both working hard! We’re so proud of them.
2. Saturday was a busy day – we rushed home from the grad to go to a dinner theatre fund-raiser for our church’s mission team. It was a 1950s Murder Mystery evening. Roger and I dressed for the occasion. Well, he did. I couldn’t find a poodle skirt so just went with a swingy dress and poufy hair. And very red lipstick. Here we are with our good friend Barb.
A fun evening!
3. The next day was Mother’s Day and it was so lovely! Sarah created a sweet quirky little video about it on her blog. Where do these kids of mine get their sense of humour? Must be their dad. (Also, believe me when I tell you, my hair is not usually that bad. It must have been the hair spray from the night before. 🙂
4. I made it to the tulip farm for a photo shoot this week. There were quite a few of us tiptoeing around that field with cameras in hand.
5. I’ll end my fff this week with a favourite picture and quote.
We are at Jesus’ disposal. If he wants you to be sick in bed, if he wants you to proclaim His work in the street, if he wants you to clean the toilets all day, that’s alright, everything is alright. We must say, “I belong to you. You can do whatever you like.” And this … is our strength, and this is the joy of the Lord. ~ Mother Theresa (thanks Tonia!)
Many blessings to you and yours